The economy is in freefall; as I write this entry this afternoon, the Dow is down about 700 more points. My 401(k) is in the gutter (thank heaven I don't retire for another thirty or so years), and I have the day off. Right now I am listening to the 90's channel with "Guiding Light" playing on the television. They still are shooting it with camcorders, and it still looks atrocious. I am turning both off very soon. Only love can save the world, indeed.
The important people are nowhere near me: Justin is probably sleeping, having closed last night and opening today (essentially, he worked two full workdays in 22 hours). Diane is on vacation, and will be back on Wednesday. She has been through a lot lately; I hope she comes back relaxed. And Beth hasn't given me any word on whether she has made any progress getting a job. So I am spending the day alone. I weighed myself again, and was at 156 pounds. I have eaten about 785 calories today. I am still just fine.
I got an email from Kari today; it was from her address, but it was listed as being from Josie. It was clearly a mass email, as it was about raising money for Josie's Montessori school. Great. Apparently I'm not good enough to get a phone call telling me any news, and I'm not good enough to get an invite see Josie without my father and stepmother, but somehow my money is worthy of supporting her school. Kari and Kyle can forget it. No Josie time, no money for Montessori, no way, no how.
I'm just a big ray of sunshine today, aren't I? In spite of my current annoyed state, it hasn't been a bad day; once my XM started to work (I have been having some problems with it), I went to Dulles for my walking. I was planning to go to Tysons, but the traffic was so bad that it would have taken me forever. So I went in the other direction, and was glad I did: the traffic jam went on for the entire trip I took down the toll road. Walking is always good therapy, and after a popcorn at Target (which, according to some website, contains 380 calories) I went to Fair Oaks to putz around a little before heading back home.
That is where we stand. As is my usual desire for my day off (and, truth be told, the last several days at work), I want a kabob. I don't know what they do at that kabob place, but their food is addictive. I might walk over there. The trip there and back would be an extra two miles or so. Plus, it's a nice day. We'll see how things go.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment