Thursday, March 6, 2008

Boredom and Rejection

I wrote this at 4:25 this afternoon:

"Once again, I am trying to entertain myself at work by scratching out a few lines that I can enter later. One one hand, it makes blogging late at night a lot quicker. On the other hand, it isn't as "in the moment" as the disclaimer at the top of the screen would suggest. But I'm kind of sleepy, and with one hour left on my somewhat abbreviated shift, I figure, let's jot down a few thoughts.

Somehow, I got to work over an hour early for my shift, so I pulled into a gas station, bit the bullet, and got my car inspected. True to my prediction, it failed. The good news is that it won't be that much to repair, and although my brakes passed (barely), I am having them done as well. I am taking it to the same place, and while I am waiting I can get plenty of walking done. I will just have to get up early tomorrow.

After missing my exercise last night, I cannot WAIT to hit that mall after work. Everyone knows how much I hate getting out of routine...it's almost as if I can feel myself get fatter if I don't pound the tiles every day. I know missing a day of walking won't be too detrimental, but I don't want one day to turn into two, then three, then a week, a month, and before you know it, I'm as fat as Julie again. Julie would want this. I do not.

But I'm on track to mitigate the effects of yesterday, with both eating and exercise. As long as Julie doesn't try to get me to have dinner with her, I'll be fine. And if she does, well, I can throw that car repair bill in her ugly face."

I did accomplish this, both with eating (1520 calories), and walking. Thank heavens. I don't know how Saturday will work out. I work 11-7, and I will be out late tomorrow. So I don't know what will happen. And I work on Sunday, so I have to go and walk with weights before. I won't be using weights tomorrow or Saturday, but I lost 120 pounds before I even picked up a barbell, so I will be just fine. And tomorrow I will be walking from the garage to McDonald's (Morning Civility does not take a back seat to anything), and then to Tysons, and then back later. Hopefully I can go back home and take a nap before I go get Justin. We will see how things work out. Till then, goodnight.

No comments: