I woke up on Thursday morning, feeling almost human, and got put to work cleaning the house. This was just fine with me. My uncle's birthday party is tomorrow (his birthday is today), so my aunt felt the need to clean anywhere the guests might be.
I ate what I perceived to be too much, but we have to remember that I barely cracked the 700-calorie mark on Wednesday, and I hadn't eaten much before dinner. But my aunt's cousin Julie (actually, that is her name, not like my roommate "Julie") and I went to dinner that night, where I had a turkey club sandwich (most of which I didn't eat), fries (again, mostly not eaten), and rice pudding. I have felt bloated ever since.
We went to see "Juno," which was a great movie. My aunt had told me to just give Julie the impression that Justin is just a friend, but I am a little too transparent in how I feel about him. So she knows. So what.
So this morning, I got up too early, and forced myself to eat breakfast and lunch. At dinner, my aunt, uncle, BethAnne, David, and their four monsters went to dinner at Hoss's steak house. I just got the salad bar, and sampled a couple of their desserts, only taking a small amount so I could have cake later. After dinner, we went back to BethAnne's so we could color Easter eggs. That is a loud, messy affair. Then we lit up a cake (with far less than the seventy candles required), and he opened gifts.
I have noticed that these kids tend to get progressively louder and more obnoxious as the night progresses, and was ready to get out of there. Once we got home, I called Justin, who was coincidentally on his dinner break. So we chatted for a couple of minutes, but he had to eat. He said that he would give me a call back, but I told him that my battery was dying in my phone. This sounded like a brush-off, but anyone who has been reading this blog since meeting him can clearly tell that this is the truth. I also told him that I was going to bed...I just hope he doesn't think less of me, especially since he has gotten us a room for his family reunion. We are going to Freddie's on Monday for dinner when I get back.
So...I feel fat, even though I have not eaten nearly enough to gain much weight. I just feel like, since I am eating differently, I am going to gain weight. But once I get back onto the Subway and walking trail, anything I could have done to myself since going on vacation will be nullified. And, in the end, I am the one responsible for what I eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment