I have a blogging friend named Yara (http://randomvilleme.blogspot.com) who said that anyone who reads the survey she has filled out, they have to fill it out and tell her. Here goes:
LIFE TEN YEARS AGO: I am 26 years old, I have just been offered the position to sell children's shoes at Hecht's. I take the job and detest every last minute of it. Also, I get the news that my landlady Diane is selling the house (later I learn it was a foreclosure), and I have to move. In that particular year, I also meet Cleo, who I wind up moving in with two years later (and still live with today, albeit also with the evil Julie).
LIFE FIVE YEARS AGO: I have been working at my present job for three years, and I have recently had two wheels stolen off my car. Cleo, having been downsized, is making lousy wages at a video store. My brother has just announced that he and his roommate are actually a couple. They get engaged shortly after. I start referring to my adoptive mother as my "stepmother" again because she has morphed into a judgmental bitch.
LIFE YESTERDAY: Nothing of any great importance, except for Justin making overtures to stay the night on Monday. Other than that, it was a typical Saturday; work, kabobs with Diane, grocery shopping, and a little bit of laundry.
LIFE TOMORROW: I hope things go well when Justin comes over. I will be getting up early to walk before my shift so I don't miss out on exercise. Of course, we may be doing a different kind of exercise tomorrow night ;)
FIVE PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO RUN AWAY TO
Madrid (though it's probably changed a lot since I was there in 1994)
Pennsylvania (where I will be going in a week)
California (where my friends William and Derrick live)
King of Prussia Mall (just for the day)
Home, when Cleo and Julie are away
FIVE BAD HABITS:
Tweezing hairs that the electric razor leaves behind, often while sitting at my desk at work or in my car (I have tweezers at both locations)
Talking to myself
Looking at guys' crotches, especially when they wear sweatpants without underwear
Belching in front of Julie's mother
Obsessing over every calorie I put in my mouth
FIVE THINGS I WILL NEVER WEAR:
Hot Pants
Football Jerseys (my brother used to wear them and I was forced to because they were hand-me-downs, and my parents were a couple of cheap-asses)
Clothes with my name on them
Bright Green Shirts (although it isn't so much a problem anymore, I refer to it as the "Shrek Factor")
Contact Lenses (they irritate my eyes)
FIVE BIGGEST JOYS OF THIS MOMENT:
Josie
My Friends
Justin
MAD Magazine (yes, I'm pathetic)
XM Radio (still!)
SOMETHING TO ACHIEVE NEXT YEAR:
Finding a new place to live, and getting Julie out of my life, while still keeping Cleo around.
SOMETHING THAT IMPACTED ME LAST YEAR:
Thankfully, after the way 2006 was for me and my family, 2007 was, for the most part, uneventful. If it has to be something, it was reaching my weight loss goal (and then some).
FIVE THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
Become a contestant on a game show...and win
Have my own place
Become financially secure. Not rich necessarily, but make enough not to worry
Buy Josie her first pair of high heels
Find love and happiness
And like in Yara's blog, if you read this, you are tagged, and you have to tell me that you did this too!
Eric
2 comments:
Hey Eric,
That was really funny, I really enjoyed it, thank you. You know I've been to Madrid, it was very nice although I have to say I like Barcelona a lot better. Good lick on the home front, I know how though it is to move out, but you can do it. Word of advice, just do it and don't think too much about it....
Hey there...
I know it is time to move...but I am very slow to change things. But it will be happening.
Glad you liked my post.
Post a Comment