Cleo is on one of his Civil War reenactments, so this usually means that Julie expects me to entertain her. And, as anyone who knows me (or has read this blog) can attest, I would rather be doing anything but.
I had mentioned to Julie that Beth and I were going to the movies today, and she asked me what time. I knew where this was going, so I told her I had to call her and ask. Julie made overtures to go to lunch, which I REALLY didn't want to do. I did call Beth, and we are meeting at about 5:30, but I told Julie that we would be meeting at 3:30. She told me that there was still time to go to lunch, but I said that Beth and I were having a late lunch before going to the movies.
I should have said a time earlier, but I wanted to listen to Casey Kasem's countdown (today from 1985) before heading out. It is usually over by three. But the fact is that I shouldn't have to lie. Julie needs to put two and two together and take a close look at why no one wants to come near her. Yes, readers, it's time for a list.
VOLUME: Julie has two volumes: loud and louder. Back in the pre-Julie days, I used a Clapper to turn on a lamp in my bedroom. Once she came into my life and ruined it, the sound of her voice from downstairs would set it off and turn on the lights upstairs. It is difficult to be around someone who yells all the time. And since I have known her, she has never had laryngitis.
IT'S ALL ABOUT HER: Julie, for some reason, has this weird sense of entitlement. Whenever we have gone out, she always makes unreasonable (and extremely stupid) demands. And because of her vegetarian stupidity, she often insists that the cooks create dishes that are not even on the menu. It's extremely embarrassing.
COMPLAINING: If you listen to her (which I don't recommend), it would seem that nothing goes right in Julie's life, as all she ever does is complain. She claims it is her birthright, being Jewish. But the truth is that for the most part, she brought every single one of her perceived problems on herself.
ATTEMPTS AT DESTRUCTION: Ever since I met Julie, she has picked some aspect of my life and attempted to destroy it. First, she encouraged me to put things I couldn't afford on a credit card. When this didn't work, and I started losing weight, she tried to get me to slip up with that, trying to convince me that I should avoid exercising and eat a lot of crap, and tried to get me to drink mixed drinks on a nightly basis (before I got wise). Since that is clearly not working either, she tried to sabotage my new love life and crash my second date with Justin. I am unsure enough about this myself; I don't need stupid Julie messing it up any more than I might mess it up myself.
But if I were to bring any of this up, she would accuse me of being judgmental, when I am not the one with problem. She has no friends, since every time she meets someone, they go out once and then the new friend disappears off the face of the earth. Perhaps she should take a hard look at what she is doing wrong. But when a person has the mindset that everything is someone else's fault, that is impossible.
Beth and I are going to see "Superhero Movie" tonight. I will give a recap of our evening in my next entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment