I decided to step on the scale and just get it over with this morning. I weighed 155.5 pounds, half a pound below what I want to weigh. So before work I did a little bit of number crunching. After consuming about 1800 calories on Saturday (when I last weighed myself), 3000 on Sunday (yikes!), and 1600 each day yesterday and the day before, we have an average of 2000 calories per day, and I lost half a pound. This means that, much like that website says, I need about 2400 calories a day, based on my activity level.
Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to keep up that activity level today. I had planned to do my walking as I always do, but this got thrown out the window when both the 10-7 person and the part timer called in sick. Since I was the last one in, it became my turn to stay until nine. So the only walking I got done was the piddly bit to the mall to eat dinner at Subway.
Then, to make matters worse, my overly generous boss got some appetizers from the Cheesecake Factory for us for dinner. This always puts me into a dilemma: she is wonderful to do this, but I had already eaten 1500 calories by then. So I had one spring roll (which was shrimp and vegetables mostly), half an avocado egg roll, one dumpling, and one little piece of chicken. Then I had a bowl of oatmeal when I got home. I can't really imagine that little bit of token grazing blew it for me. And even though I ate all of this, I am hungry right now. So my digestive system must be in the process of destroying it as I type this.
There is a bright side to this, however: since overtime is completely verboten right now, I now have a surplus of two and a half hours for the week. This means that I have to shave this time somewhere, and I only have two days to do it. Therefore, although I am scheduled to work 10-7 tomorrow, I will be leaving at 5:30, and I can get my walking done and still have some time left in the evening.
Justin and I are invited to a dinner party at Phil's next week. Justin has to work until ten, but he is going to try to get an earlier shift. I emailed Phil and asked him for a specific time to coordinate with Justin.
But now, I am tired. After working from 9:30 in the morning until 9:00 at night, I am ready to call it a day. I am listening to XM 77, and am winding down. I will be having both a bowl of oatmeal and a Colon Bomb English muffin for breakfast, and once again am going to get myself back on track.
Eric OUT.
No comments:
Post a Comment