First: Kyle called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that today wasn't a good day for me to come for a visit. Big shocker. I mentioned that I had bought some books for Josie, and he asked me if I wouldn't rather wait until her birthday to give them to her. He said that her birthday party will be August 9th, and that I am expected to be there. I said that I would request the day off. I'm shocked I was even invited, since I am obviously persona non grata in their lives.
Yesterday was the big day to meet Justin's family. Justin and I were supposed to meet at Target (after I took a very long walk with Cleo), and then he had the idea of going swimming. Unfortunately, while I was at Target, the skies turned black and just opened up. God must have taken a diuretic.
So Justin and I went to the Batcave for a while, and then headed out (playing Britney's album all the way) to Springfield Mall to kill time before going to his grandmother's house. Springfield Mall, in addition to being partially shut down, has a leaky roof, as evidenced by the drip buckets placed all over the place. While we were there, we ran into Phil and Keith. This surprised me, since I would have never imagined them at the ghetto mall.
We arrived at his grandmother's house to find that everyone was already eating dinner, so we went to their TV room to chill until two places at the table became available. When we did sit down, we ate. The food (pork roast, tiny potatoes, pinto beans, marinated carrots) was pretty good, and I don't think I ate too badly.
The topic about me that most interested them was the fact that I lost nearly 150 pounds. It was hard to explain exactly how I did this without talking about Cathleen, but I managed to do this. But once dinner was over, we went to the living room, where three of the dinner guests pulled out instruments (a banjo, a guitar, and a mandolin) and we had ourselves a hootenanny. These three people are very talented, even if their choice of music (featuring lots of that old time religion) was not my favorite. They were impressed, however, when I actually knew some of the songs.
One thing I noticed is that they did treat Justin like a little kid, and he seemed to slip into that role very easily. According to him, his grandparents and parents knew what I was, but to the others, I was "just a friend." I just had to try not to talk too much. After a while of this music, we had homemade pound cake with homemade strawberry sauce, and went for a little walk.
At that point, Justin and I said our farewells, and I told them it was nice to meet all of them, and that I would see them in July. I don't know what they think of me (I don't think Justin's mother particularly likes me), but time will tell.
The only problem is that Justin is still not being honest with me about the fact that he lives with his parents. I mentioned that some things that his mother said gave me the impression that he lives with his parents, and asked him flat out if he did. He said no, but a three-second search on Google suggests otherwise. He changed the subject by telling me he loved me and telling me that I am beautiful. The more he says it, the less convinced I am of his sincerity.
We were planning to go to a club called Town, but we went to Freddie's instead, where we split a basket of fries (I ate most of them) and I sang "Oops! I Did It Again" by Britney Spears and "Miracle" by Cascada. In spite of my fatigue, my rendition of "Miracle" contained lots of dancing, much to the amusement of the drunk bargoers.
By about 10:30 (since I had been up since before seven), I was ready to call it a night, and we went to sleep. I didn't sleep that well, thinking about where this relationship is going (and his lack of honesty), or even if we will even make it to the family reunion as a couple. We got up and went for bagels before parting ways so he could go to work.
I have precedent for my eating the past couple of days. I ate less than 2000 calories on Friday, yesterday, I had my typical workday breakfast, a chicken sausage, popcorn, and two cookies (all from Target), and then the dinner I described above, and the fries later. A week ago I went into dinner with about 900 calories, and ate a fried chicken sandwich, fries, and a big piece of chocolate cake. So far, today I have eaten two bagels, and walked my six laps at Dulles Town Center (with my weights). Last Sunday, I ate two bagels as well, and then ate like a glutton at Phil and Keith's, and that day I walked three miles (without weights). And I didn't gain any weight in that week (we are discounting last Thursday's eating as a one-shot deal). Provided I am sensible with my eating and exercise for the rest of the week, I should be fine. and I still was underweight last Thursday.
I might go swimming today. Cleo and Julie are going to see the "Sex and the City" movie (Cleo is SUCH a closet queen). They are crashing at Julie's cousin's house. So I get the house to myself for a few days. This would be great if I actually used the rest of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment