Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Angels Took A Diuretic

When I was walking with Cleo last night, I told him that my plans for today involved going to the mall early and getting my walking done so that I could get home and hunker down until Hanna got through here and left. 

This sort of happened. Beth and I had talked about going to see "Disaster Movie" together, but Beth has since done her magic and disappeared from the face of the earth once again. So after walking at Tysons, I went to the movie theatre there and caught the early show, which was at 9:50 am. It cost me $6, which was about three more dollars than it was worth. It was really bad, but it did have some funny moments. 

I was concerned about getting home, though. When I got out of the movie, it was about 11:30 (it was a really short movie) and the mall was already crowded. I went out and saw that it was absolutely pouring outside. I braved the hard rain and rapidly rising water on the roads, and got home in one piece.

No sooner was I in the door but Julie asked me if I wanted to join her and Cleo to go to Target. I told her that she didn't really want to go out in this, but she said that she didn't have a choice, so I went with them and got popcorn while they shopped. 

During that time, I discovered that Justin had sent me several text messages. He told me that he discovered that his new landlord is a pot smoker, and asked me for advice about whether he should stay there or move back to his parents'. I hate giving advice, but I told him that on one hand, he didn't want to be there to inhale secondhand pot smoke, but on the other hand, he has been having problems with his father. I mentioned that his father doesn't seem like the heart-to-heart chat type, so I suggested that he explain the situation to his mother and see what she thinks. His mother reminds me a lot of my aunt, who has a good head on her shoulders, so she might give some common sense. She could even intercede on his behalf and find out what the hell his father's problem is. I hope that things work out for Justin; he has had a rotten week, and doesn't need any more stress.

By the time I was done with this conversation, Julie was done shopping at Target, and wanted to go to Dulles Town Center. I asked them to drop me back home before heading there, which they took personally. But I had things to do, and I wanted to begin my hunkering.

Upon my entrance into the house, I went directly to the Batcave, where I stayed for the entire afternoon, leaving only to get the mail. I got my suitcases and other bags packed, and once I pack up my laptop, will be ready to go. I have put my clothes into my car already, so all I have to is load in my other bags, plant my derriere behind the wheel, and get going. I plan to go to Dulles Town Center to walk before starting my trip in earnest. I don't plan to get there before the mid-afternoon, when my aunt and uncle will be home. For the past couple of nights, I have been sleeping on a bare mattress, and tomorrow morning I will be putting sheets on my bed before I leave. This way they will be fresh and ready for when I get back.

At about six, the skies were clearing and the rain had stopped, so I ventured out to Reston Kabob for dinner. I don't know how many calories I ate, but I don't think I overdid it. But I am on vacation, and once I get back to work, I usually get right back on track anyway. I was able to before, and last week found my weight at 152. So I should be fine.

It is just going to be Cleo and the cats for the next few days. Julie is going to a conference in Atlanta. Maybe Cleo can find some hot man flesh so he can have what he really wants.

So the next time I write, it will be from my aunt and uncle's house. See you there!

Eric Out.

No comments: