Sunday, September 21, 2008

Journaling To Keep From Eating

I really wish I knew which way was up right now.

Today was the only shared day off that Justin that we will have, and I told him that I would be spending the day with Beth to celebrate her birthday. But as I reported in yesterday's entry, she hasn't returned any phone calls or text messages. So I have no earthly clue what to do. So in addition to being addled, I also feel like a bad boyfriend.

I have already finished walking, and while reading the paper this morning, I had three of McDonald's chocolate chip cookies. I haven't blown it for the day yet, but if I don't find something to do, I might. It is only 12:25 in the afternoon, and I have eaten 740 calories already. So I have to watch it, or else I will be reversing the progress I have made this week.

I was looking at the ads in the Sunday paper, and saw a Cabbage Patch Doll on sale for about $25. I was thinking about getting it for Josie for Christmas, but the way things are going, I wonder if I am even her uncle anymore. Target, thankfully, has a ninety-day return policy. I suppose by December 21st or so, I should know whether I even count as Kyle's family anymore.

At the time that I typed that last paragraph, Justin must have known I needed him, so he called. I told him that he has no idea how much I appreciate it. I will be joining him and a couple of friends for the drag show at Freddie's. Beth or no Beth, I will be going there tonight. I don't know where we will be going from there, but I hope this works out.

I am feeling a little bit better, though, now that I have gotten these thoughts out of my system. I still have to fight the urge to overeat today, but I will be okay, I think.

After I published my blog entry last night, I poked around and found a copy of a building permit for Springfield Mall. The declared intention on the permit: DEMOLISH ENTIRE STRUCTURE. Wow! I told Justin that we have to go watch them demolish it, as soon as we find out when.

I did some housecleaning on my iPod today. I have deleted a few songs, and added "Burning Heart" by Survivor and "Not As We" by Alanis Morissette. Plus, I had two spins of Cascada's "What Hurts The Most". I think I can do with only one. 

I feel like a big cliche with my iPod. I have 109 songs on it, and fifty-one of those are from one of the following four artists: Britney Spears (12 songs), Cascada (15), Madonna (16), and Mark Weigle (8). If I were to lose my iPod and someone found it, I'll bet he or she would come to one conclusion: whoever owns this iPod is gay. It doesn't help that the iPod is purple, which is a gay color. Oh well. The iPod is currently plugged into my laptop, charging. Once I turn off the computer, I will be moving it into my plug-in charger. 

At this point, I think I am going to finish off this entry. I think I am going to be fine now. I am actually feeling hungry now, but I am going to try to hold off and have a kabob later. 

Eric Out.

2 comments:

Yara said...

Hey Eric,
Don't listen to the voices in your head, you don't need to overeat to be happy, they're mean and they want to trick you. Besides, if you don't over-eat during the day you can have a nice drink tonight. What is going on with you and Beth, I'll have some catching up to do.....

Eric said...

Well, hello there Yara! It turned out that Beth was not feeling well...I just wish she had told me this earlier before I gave myself an ulcer worrying about what was going on.

Hope you are doing well. Take care, and don't be a stranger!