Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Toothpicks In My Eyes

It's late, and I'm tired. So no fun text colors tonight.

I was back at work after two days off, and things settled down slightly. But we will see what happens. I worked until nine, and I agreed to come in at nine tomorrow. If I am going to be up at 5:30 to go walking tomorrow, I will need to hit the bed soon.

Yesterday saw me eating WAY too much. I did try to mitigate it somewhat by going to Ruby Tuesday and having the salad bar for lunch (with Justin), but who knows. It was Beth's birthday, and her father made homemade pizzas. So I had a food hangover for much of today, and wound up eating a big 1100 calories. Hopefully I can do something like that tomorrow.

Beth has a new guy in her life. I will give more details about him later.

The mystery of my Genre subscription is partially solved, with a phone call to their toll-free number. As you recall, the letter they sent me had my first issue being the one for September, and I got the bill on 8/30, which I put into the mail on 8/31. 

So far, no magazine, and the check still didn't clear. The customer service rep (obviously from a fulfillment house) told me that due to packaging delays, the September issue was delayed, and I would receive it toward the end of the month. I asked about the payment as well. She said that they had received the payment on 9/2. I thought this was odd, since 9/1 was Labor Day and there is no way, short of breaking the laws of physics, that an envelope could get from Virginia to Anaheim when the mail didn't get picked up until 2:45 pm on 9/2. Since I am relieved that they got the payment, I didn't press the issue. When I asked about the check not clearing, she explained that the magazine actually deposits the payments after the fulfillment house sends the paperwork to them, but as far as they were concerned, my account was paid. 

I can't believe this has been going on for nearly four months. I promise that once I get my first issue of the magazine and the check clears, I won't discuss magazines again until I either (1) subscribe to a new one, (2) cancel a subscription, (3) find something in the magazine worth discussing here, (4) a magazine folds, or (5) renew a subscription. Since the next magazine to need a renewal expires in March of 2010 (MAD), number five should be the easiest promise to keep.

Eric Out.


No comments: