Today is Bette and my father's 29th wedding anniversary, and I sent them a card. I also called them today and left them an answering machine message wishing them a happy day, and they were nice enough to call me at work. I told them that I was off tomorrow, and we made plans to go for dinner.
A little later in the day, Justin called me, and told me that he was off tomorrow as well. I told him that I was, but would be eating dinner with my parents that night. After getting off the phone with him, I called him back and told him I would ask them if I could bring him to dinner. He seemed okay with it.
So with my heart in my throat, I called my parents. Bette answered, and I told her that Justin was off, and could I bring him to dinner with me. She told me she had to ask my dad. I thought this was strange, since she is the one in charge usually. So I waited while she asked.
My father came on the phone, and said that it would be okay. So the four of us will be getting together for dinner tomorrow at five. This now leaves me feeling stressed. Why, for example, was it my father who came back to the phone instead of Bette? And why did she have to ask him? She should have just said yes.
The way Bette was with Kyle and Kari when they first got together, I am wondering if she will even show up. But in mentioning this to Justin, I told him that if she doesn't come to dinner tomorrow night, she is the one who will look bad. So we will see.
I will be picking Justin up at his place at noon, and we will be spending the afternoon together, through dinner. I will have a report in my next entry.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment