Sunday, September 28, 2008

Plans Gone Awry

Today started like any normal day off. After weighing myself (156 lbs), I donned casual clothes and headed to the mall for walking, then for a drink and the paper. I figured that I could go home afterward and hang out before meeting Justin, if he was feeling up to par. 

This all went out the window when I got home from walking and found a message on my answering machine from my assistant manager. One of the people scheduled in called out, and she asked me to work. I am not the type of person to turn down five hours of overtime, so I changed clothes (I don't think the senior management would appreciate my pink Hollister t-shirt and my red shorts from Abercrombie & Fitch with white paint pre-splattered on them) and headed to work, sending Justin a text message before heading there.

I worked until five, and then went to Annandale, stopping at McDonald's for a salad and three cookies. I then went to Safeway for one more cookie (fear not, I ended the day with 2100 calories, which, while not a diet day, is still acceptable), then went to Justin's place.

His creepy landlord Michael and Michael's eighteen year old boy toy were there as well, but Justin and I kept to ourselves and watched the rest of a football game. I really didn't care about it, but one has to do these things sometimes. It was nice just to be able to spend some time with my boyfriend.

I am working tomorrow at nine, so I have to head to bed if I am getting up for walking. I will admit that the last few days at work have gone by extremely quickly. I still have the feeling of impending doom on a daily basis, but once I get started with the day, things are okay.

So I now retire, and hope to have something new to discuss with my next entry.

Eric Out.

No comments: