I almost ruined my eating for the day when I called Diane and asked her if she wanted to go for kabobs tonight. It is a blessing in disguise that she was getting her hair cut tonight. I thought about going by myself, but I tend to prefer going to the kabob place when I am off the next day (sort of a nice way to start a day off), or to wrap up a day off. So I went to Subway, spent less money, and stuck to my lighter eating week.
Although I have had my more indulgent eating days, I have still walked every single day since getting back from Pennsylvania. I am glad that this is such a habit now.
I am off on Sunday, and Justin and I are supposedly supposed to be meeting at Freddie's to watch the Redskins game. I really don't like football, but this is the kind of give-and-take I have to do if I am going to keep a boyfriend. I guess I can always bring a book. But we were originally supposed to spend the entire day together, but he has something he has to do at two in the afternoon, so we are meeting at Freddie's at four. I never thought that I would wind up going to a gay bar to watch football and read a novel. Of course, I haven't talked to Justin all day (and we usually talk once a day), so who knows.
I still have not heard back from Beth. I hope she is doing all right. This girl has been through too much.
In the Minor Annoyances department, my newspaper wasn't here when I was ready to leave this morning (at about 6:25), so I wound up buying a copy at McDonald's. It seems like an awful waste of money, and they promise delivery by six in the morning, but I guess even the paper carrier can have a day where they are running late. The delivery time is seven o'clock on the weekends, so since things are starting an hour later tomorrow, I should be fine.
All things considered, if having to spend an extra 50¢ on a newspaper is the worst thing that could happen, I have it pretty good. I can't lose perspective on that. People around me are having far bigger problems, so I will not gripe about this subject one second further.
I think it is now time to call it a night. As I listen to the cats run around upstairs, I am going to go to the bedroom and chill.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment