Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When All Is Said And Done

This was a far better vacation than the last one. Actually, that's not entirely true. If I could have had the family reunion at the start and then the trip to PA in the same vacation, it would have been great. 

But it was great to spend time with my family. I told my aunt before I left that I have to appreciate and enjoy the fact that I have a relationship with BethAnne's boys, because heaven knows I will never have that with Josie. Kyle, Kari, and Josie are losing out big time, and all because Kyle thinks I am beneath him. You can ask Chris or Matthew; they always enjoy seeing me. Ben hugged me goodbye for the first time today; that was sweet of him. And Sam has always been more affectionate than the rest, even if he still sounds like Elmer Fudd with a mouthful of marbles when he talks.

I am now back at my evening perch, with XM 77 playing soft music, and the air conditioner beating down on me. I have accomplished what I needed to do when I got back: I unpacked my stuff (with special thanks to my aunt for doing my laundry so all I had to do was put it away), dropped my payment to Instinct into the mail (they finally sent me a bill), had lunch at the kabob place, went to Target for groceries, wrapped Beth's birthday gift (which arrived while I was away), and went to see Justin for his dinner break (power walking at the Ghetto Mall beforehand). 

I have eaten too much this vacation, and I am hoping that I will get back on track. If I am kept away from temptation, I will be just fine. I work at ten tomorrow, so I should have time to walk tomorrow morning. I know that the weights are going to hurt like the dickens tomorrow, but that always happens.

So who knows what tomorrow will bring. We will find out.

Eric Out.

No comments: