Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bingo And Doubts

Last night, Justin and I went to Nellie's in DC for drag bingo. I really didn't want to go (wanting instead to just stay home), but I had promised Justin.

I met him at my house, and he apologized for his messy car, and I couldn't help but notice a piece of paper on the floor that read "LOAN AGREEMENT". I picked it up and saw that it was from one of those payday advance loan places. He grabbed it out of my hand and said it wasn't his, rather it was for "a friend from middle school" to whom he gave a ride to the loan place. He wouldn't let me see it, throwing it away at his earliest opportunity.

This bothered me. For one thing, if it is for some friend of his, why would he be so defensive about this? I sincerely hope that he isn't using one of these services. But I know already that he is lying to me about his living situation. What other lies is he telling me?

This messed up my mood on the way to Nellie's. Once we got there, the two drag queens were already starting the show and handing out bingo cards. The rules were pretty much the same as at Freddie's: one card per player, and if you bring up a card with an invalid bingo, everyone has to yell, "SIT YOUR NELLY ASS DOWN!" The one rule that was different was that you were limited to two wins per night. So we ordered dinner (I probably ate too much again, but I was uncomfortable with my weight last week, so I am just letting it go for now) and started playing.

They had the usual litany of bingo games: Any Bingo, Two Bingos, Letter X, Picture Frame, Full Card, and others, but this crowd is far rowdier (and drunker) than the one at Freddie's. As a result, there were a lot of people calling out "Bingo" that did not actually win.

Justin and I both won prizes, his prize being a tool set, and mine being a folding outdoor chair. That was all well and good, until Justin won a second prize, which was termed a "bucket of beer." It is a bucket filled with ice and about six bottles of beer. Since he drove, I was going into conniptions over this. He kept trying to reassure me that two beers wouldn't affect him, and that he could drive just fine, and that he would sell or give away the rest. I talked him down to one beer, and I drank one. It was the first time he had ever seen me use alcohol, but since it was Bud Light, it wasn't too bad.

The festivities wrapped up at about 10:45 or so, and we came back to the house. By the time I got out of the shower, Justin was sound asleep on the sofa, and I essentially had to escort him to the bed.

This morning, I got up at 7:30 and waited for the alarm to go off, which was at eight. We had a quick breakfast at Burger King before parting ways (I still prefer to spend Morning Civility alone). From there I have spent the entire day quietly and alone, and have eaten about 700 calories. And I have done my power walking, so hopefully, over the next few days, I will be able to deal with the fact that I have eaten an awful lot.

I have been getting up fairly early lately and walking before my shifts. This frees up my evenings, and I have read online that exercising in the morning speeds up one's metabolism for the entire day. For the love of blog, I sure hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nice Blog . I would have taken pictures last night, but I was very aggro when I left my house, and also running a bit late, especially since I was going to another friend's house to carpool in Bingo Online