More venom from my pen at work, at about 3:30 this afternoon:
"Let's recap, shall we?
On Sunday, I celebrated the day with an "eat until you puke" binge (even though I didn't puke), followed by the awkward Monday morning with Justin's father. Continuing on Wednesday, we had the day spent with Beth, and having to witness her in extreme discomfort getting her twat examined. I was glad to help her out and give her moral support, but I prefer my friends healthy, and that is what bothered me. Wrapping everything up with a nice big bow was today's follies.
At six this morning, I was up, making breakfast when Cleo came downstairs muttering something under his breath. He started packing a lunch when he dropped a can of root beet, causing it to rupture. Instead of calmly placing it in the sink, he hurled it into the sink as hard as he could, causing it to rupture, spraying root beer all over the place, even up to the ceiling. I tried to help him, wiping some of it off, but when I brought up some floor cleaner, he screamed, "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT, ERIC! I JUST NEED TO GET THIS MOPPED QUICKLY!"
I decided to wait outside for the paper to be delivered. By 6:30 it wasn't there, so I just left to go walking before work.
I walked my three laps, then went to work, where I found out that a co-worker (who, keeping with tradition, we will call "Petunia Gray") called out for the second time this week. Petunia Gray has a trademark on the Really Convenient Migraine-always right after a day off, making for two days off in a row.
So, while my other co-worker is on a break, I am taking the opportunity to jot down a few thoughts about this. I suppose it is better than whipping out my charge card and buying something stupid. But at this moment in of time, a little "retail therapy" might not be a bad thing."
Now I am writing some new parts of this entry. I was good after work, even though I walked to the mall to the Subway for dinner, and went back. I bought nothing, and came right home after I ate. I will be stepping the scale tomorrow morning, and we will see how I did in mitigating last Sunday. I still will not panic if I weigh 154 or less. If I weigh 152, I have an idea of what I can eat to maintain my weight. If I weigh less than 152, then I will really have to wonder what the hell is going on.
I came home to find my paper lying in the yard. I had to buy a copy at McDonald's this morning, but I still have my Sunday inserts to look at tomorrow. Cleo has apparently not gotten home yet (which is good, since I want to tell him to get into an anger management class), Justin is at a birthday for his friend Simon (who, now I wonder if he was telling me the truth about what Justin was saying about me, since he also said that same night that he lived with his parents). He is going to Maryland tomorrow, and we are getting together on Monday. I am still wondering about what other lies he has told me. But I am pulling back a little bit, as you can tell. If I wind up breaking up with Justin, I might be going back to doing laundry on Saturday nights regularly, as he is a popular person at Freddie's, and I will not be exactly welcome there again.
So there we have it. It is now 8:15 at night, and I am thirty kinds of glad that this week is over. I don't know whether next week will be better or worse, but we will see. It begins tomorrow with brunch. Bette and Dave had BETTER behave. A full report will be in my next entry.
No comments:
Post a Comment