The past three days have been quite a whirlwind. Wednesday started with my stepping on the scale and discovering that I was at 154.5 pounds. I had been trying to offset what I had eaten during the weekend, so I figured that if I keep the calories reasonable for the day, I would be back to 154 by the next day.
The day was more or less forgettable, I guess, because I cannot recall one interesting thing that happened. I did my walking in the morning (as I had mentioned I would), so I asked Beth if she wanted to get Subway, since I had a little gift that I had bought for her (it was a couple of Hannah Montana items; it's kind of an in-joke for us). I kept it at about 1500 for the day. I felt hungry for most of the evening, but I decided to tough it out.
So yesterday morning found me weighing myself and discovering that I weighed 151.5 pounds. How the HELL did this happen? How can a person lose three pounds in one day? I don't know, but of course I reacted by eating too much, and since I was meeting Justin in the evening, I did not do any exercise.
Justin and I met at my house, and after dinner at Ruby Tuesday, we went to see "You Don't Mess With The Zohan." It was a 10:15 show on a Thursday, so it was sparsely populated. We went to the back row, lifted the arm rest between us, and made out. It was about 1:00 by the time we got home.
As usual, I didn't sleep well, but we had to get up for Justin to go to work, but first, we went to Burger King. And sure enough, after we ate, he went to the bathroom, where he stayed for nearly twenty minutes. He didn't do this last night, but I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing. I peeked my head into the bathroom, but there was no noise or anything. All he had for breakfast was an order of Cinni-Minis; why would he throw them up?
We parted ways, and I went to Dulles Town Center for my walking. While sitting afterward at Target, I decided that it was time to do what I have not wanted to do since March: spring cleaning. Yes, I know that it is almost summer, and I am deeply ashamed of the fact that it took me this long to get around to it, but as soon as I got home (at about 12:30 or so), I got to work. Since I hadn't dusted since about October, it should come as no surprise that I used five dust rags before I was done.
I then grabbed my box of Tide, my comforter, and my pillows, and drove back to Sterling so I could go to the laundromat. By then I was beginning to get kind of tired. The combination of not a lot of sleep, walking, and heavy-duty housework all add up to this. After meeting Diane for kabobs, I came home, put sheets on my bed, did the rest of my laundry (the last of which is in the dryer as I write this), and once that is done, I am moving in the direction of bed. I am getting up early to walk tomorrow, and then I have to order a salad for Daisy May's going away party. I am doing this instead of going to get a veggie platter. I don't really know why I am even bothering. Once Daisy May finds out it is from me, she won't touch it anyway. But, at six o'clock tomorrow night, she will become part of my past.
No comments:
Post a Comment