Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Strep Twat

I discovered last night that going to the movies late at night isn't always as deserted as it was on February 26th, which was the night that Justin and I went to see "Be Kind Rewind". For one thing, "Get Smart" is a successful, mainstream movie. Also, keep in mind that it is now late June rather than late February, and it is summer vacation. So although it would have been more fun if the theatre were empty, we still made out in the back row.

I got home at about one in the morning, and booted up my computer to burn a CD I had promised to Beth, as I would be seeing her the next day. I quickly created the playlist, shoved in a blank CD, hit the "Burn Disc" button, and got into the shower. By the time I was done, the disc was finished as well, so I took it out and went right to bed.

I was obviously tired, since I slept until about 8:30, not even hearing the dishwasher that Cleo had run this morning. I got up and left to go walking. I turned on my cell phone to find a message from Beth that she had been in the ER last night, but she sent me a text later to tell me I could still come over. So I went to Tysons, grabbed the weights, and walked my laps before heading to her house.

She went to the emergency room because she was having problems with what I, in polite society, would call her "woman zone" and what she called her twat. She gave up and went home after four hours, and called her gynecologist this morning. She was told that there was no appointment for her, but that she either had a yeast infection or a strep infection. She then called to try to make an appointment with her primary care physician.

We went to lunch at a place in Arlington called Ravi Kabob, which was good, but not as good as Reston Kabob. We then decided to go rent "Juno" and get some dessert to eat while watching the movie. While we were at Safeway, the doctor's office called, and we hurriedly went back to her house to drop off our stuff and went to the doctor's office. We arrived just in time for her appointment.

Beth asked me to come into the examination room with her. The room was arranged with a chair at the foot of the examination table, which I quickly moved to the head of the table and sat down. When the nurse practitioner came in, she said that she had to take a look at Beth's woman zone and asked me if I would leave the room. Beth said she wanted me there, which was why I had moved the chair. The nurse did a culture, and we went back to Beth's to watch the movie.

So we are wondering what her ailment is, but the phrase "Strep Twat" is so amusing to us that we kept repeating it over and over (hence the title of this entry).

I had seen this movie before, so I was only halfheartedly watching it while helping her fold laundry and getting jumped on by her cats. When the movie ended, I headed to Target to see Diane and then came home.

On Sunday, miracle of miracles, I get to go see Josie. Kari invited Bette and Dave for brunch, and asked me to come as well. I am looking forward to it, and they sent me a recent picture of Josie, looking very much the diva. If I can I will upload the picture here, but right now, Blogger is not behaving.

So I am getting ready to head to bed. I work at nine tomorrow, and I will be getting up as early as I can so I can do my walking. I don't know what tomorrow will bring at work, but if I can speed up my metabolism even further, I will be able to eat whatever I want and not have it affect me.

Eric...OUT!

No comments: