Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just Wondering...

On Sunday afternoon, when Julie and I went to lunch, I finished my meal and went to the men's room, having drunk an awful lot of diet soda. When I came back out, Julie asked me, "Pardon my frankness, but are you going bulimic on us?" I said no, that (a) I was just peeing, and (b) I hadn't eaten enough to make it worth my while to purge. She said that going to the bathroom right after eating is a sign of bulimia, and people undergoing treatment for it are not allowed to go to the bathroom unaccompanied for three hours. But the fact is, if I binge, I just eat less in the following days to offset what I had eaten. Amortization is good for more than money. And unnecessary vomiting is good for nothing.

But this has me thinking. Every single time Justin and I go out to eat, he disappears into the bathroom for an awfully long time, and his teeth are, shall we say, not the best. So I am extremely concerned that he is purging. He is not, however, extremely thin, which would be a sign of it. So how does one approach this? And considering he lied to me about his living arrangements, I doubt I could get a direct answer out of him. This could explain his odd choice of breakfast on Sunday as well (an everything bagel with chocolate chip cream cheese?!)

Today was Begonia Fay's last day, and I only have three more shifts until Daisy May is gone. This is a good thing, as I am about to demand my twenty dollars back. If she wants being a cold, hard bitch to be the denouement of our working relationship, I see no reason to give her one thin dime. I would really like to call in sick on Saturday, so I don't have to be there for her going-away party, but I can't afford to miss the work.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I am scheduled to work from 10-7, so you know what that means: THE BET HEDGING POWER WALK!!! Plus...if the part timer calls off, I can leave early on Saturday! And if she comes in, I can just putz around the mall for a while before driving home.

Keeping this in mind, I am heading to bed.

No comments: