Friday, June 20, 2008

Everything Is Coming Up Dandelions

Right now, my mind is swirling with the thoughts that have been troubling me recently.

Let's begin with the fact that next week it will be six months since I last saw Josie. Telling Kyle that I had bought some books for her didn't faze him a bit. His reply was, "can't they wait until her birthday?" Translation: "we get to brush you off for two more months." I really could have used some support on Father's Day.

My father would clearly have preferred Kyle's company to mine on Father's Day, evidenced by the fact that he called me "Kyle" twice, and probably would have continued to do so had I not gotten so irritated at him.

My stepmother doesn't have a kind thing to say to me about anything. That stupid termagant accused me of being a gambler, berated my healthy choices at breakfast, insulted my chosen exercise method, compared my hair to a porcupine, and got pissy every time I pulled out my cell phone.

I have a boyfriend who isn't being honest with me about his living arrangement, his finances, or the possibility that he is bulimic. More lies on the horizon?

My roommates' marriage is a ticking time bomb. Cleo, for all intents and purposes, came out to me a couple of weeks ago. Now we wait until he decides to quit lying to Julie.

So I sit and do laundry. I am tired, since I got up at 5:30 this morning to go walking. I have become extremely self-conscious about walking the mall in the evenings. It was one thing when I was huge, and people could see what I was trying to do. Now that I am no longer obese, I just look like a freak. At least first thing in the morning, I get to look like a freak in front of far fewer people, all of whom are there for the same purpose. Also, I read online that walking in the morning is better for you anyway, since it speeds up your metabolism for the entire day.

I have managed to hold the line for the past two days as far as eating is concerned. I kept it at about 1500 calories yesterday, and 1535 today. And that was even with a cookie from the Corner Bakery. Not three. Not two. "A" cookie.

That being said, Eric out.

No comments: