As you know, I have been walking in the mornings daily since late June, and in early July I decided to join the Tysons Trekkers. Occasionally I have turned off the music long enough to chat with some of the people who walk the mall in the mornings, and they told me that after they walk, they meet in one of the food courts to have coffee and socialize. Upon their invitation, I told them that if I don't have anyplace to go after I finish walking (usually this would be going to work), I would come and sit with them.
Today, I did just that. I had stashed my dork weights in my car and grabbed my newspaper with the intention of hiking to McDonald's for my morning drink, but as I walked through the food court, I saw the gang at a table, so I joined them. They are a bunch of nice people, and since they were all senior citizens, I made sure I watched my mouth (only once making reference to my "partner"). If they didn't like me, they certainly showed no sign of it.
After chatting with them for a little bit, I hiked to McDonald's for my soda. I then went to Barnes & Noble in Reston (which has also become a habit), then walked to Target for a popcorn. I wanted to kill some time at a bookstore because following my weigh-in yesterday (my weight was the same as before: 154.5 pounds), I kind of went overboard with the sweets. So I have been trying to watch it today, and going to the bookstore and killing time there keeps me from eating.
I then drove home and put the TV on, channel surfing until I got to MSNBC. I guess that nobody watches MSNBC during the day, which is why they are showing the Olympics. As I type this, they are showing a men's beach volleyball match between the United States and Brazil. Watching volleyball on the beach would make me think that the guys would not be wearing shirts, but all four hotties in this match are wearing sleeveless shirts: the Brazilian boys are wearing tank tops and the American boys are wearing muscle shirts. This makes me think that the only people who would watch this are gay men who fetishize the male armpit (as someone who has watched a lot of gay porn in his life, trust me: this is a major deal). And it appears that these guys have been spending a lot of time with their manscaping under there. This happens in basketball as well, since basketball shirts are also sleeveless.
At this point in this entry, I am sure that a couple of my readers have decided that this is a rather unsavory topic and have tuned out. So I will just make a general commentary on the Olympics in general. This is the first time that I have watched any of the Olympics at all. I just can't bring myself to care about it. I just have it on because there isn't much else on right now. I have the TV muted, and I have no music playing. It is nice to just have a little quiet. I am, however, wondering why I just saw an ad for CNN on MSNBC. However, every time they change camera angles, the olympic rings fly by, immediately followed by the NBC peacock. I guess by doing that (and by having the peacock and "MSNBC" in the upper right hand corner continuously), they don't have to worry that the viewer will think he or she is watching another network.
Beth and I had talked about doing something today, but she never got in touch with me, and Justin is working today. So I am just having a solo day. I don't know what I will be doing for dinner. I am just thinking about the fact that I am working the late shift tomorrow, and how I will be handling my walking routine. But I have been handling this for two years now, so tomorrow should be no different.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment