Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Catching Up

Well, first things first: having failed to pierce my jugular, Petunia Gray is now trying to make nice with me. I have said very little in response, lest things that I say today come back and haunt me two or three years down the road. Today was our first day working together since last Tuesday. Then as now, I buried my head in reading material. I had new issues of Out, The Advocate, and Entertainment Weekly to keep me occupied today, as well as the usual paperwork and three crosswords.

On Monday, I was working at nine, and I woke up before my alarm went off, so I got up at about five. I worked a full shift, and then Justin and I went to Freddie's for their "dinner and a movie". This was our dinner to celebrate dating for six months. Justin asked Simon to join us, and although I was quite apprehensive about this (remembering how much of a jerk he was back in April), but I am all about giving people a second chance, so I said that it was okay for him to come.

The three of us got a table at Freddie's (it was virtually deserted), and had dinner and watched "To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything! Julie Newmar". Yes, I ate too much again, but I have begun to mitigate this today by eating about 1250 calories, and I plan to repeat this through Sunday night. Much to my relief and surprise (and probably knowing how much he ticked me off last time), Simon behaved himself. 

Once the movie ended (at about ten), they had karaoke. I got up and sang two songs, but having been up for seventeen hours I was so tired that I was propping myself up to sing. I can't imagine that I sounded very tuneful. We parted ways after that, and I went directly to the shower and to bed.

I was off on Tuesday, which was a typical day off, ending with kabobs with Diane. I walked extra both Sunday (Cleo wanted to take a walk in the evening), and yesterday (I walked to Target to meet Diane). So I hope things balance out and that I don't put on any additional weight. 

I was so tired last night that I went to bed at about 9:30. I was probably asleep at 9:31. I am tired again tonight, so once I am done writing this, I am heading to bed.

Eric Out.

No comments: