Monday, August 4, 2008

Tomorrow, I Face The Music

The text is blue, and so is my mood. 

Today is the last day of my vacation, and I am extremely nervous about what I will find when I get back to work. My boss told me not to worry about things that happened with Petunia Gray before I left, and that I should enjoy my vacation. I hope that she is right, and that I will not be greeted with "I need to talk to you in my office" as soon as I get back to work.

I have not worn anything but jeans, shorts, and t-shirts in nearly two weeks, nor has hair gel touched my head. It will feel really weird getting back into work clothes. Since my casual clothes don't seem any tighter, I guess I can safely assume that my work clothes and jewelry will fit tomorrow as well.

I have done my grocery shopping, with the exception of two bottles of water (I threw my old bottles out before I left). Everything else is done. The bigger challenge will be remembering to bring everything tomorrow morning: my lunch, the magazine holder I bought, the magazines I haven't read yet (after all this time fretting about my "Instinct" subscription, I would like an opportunity to read the darn thing!), my Fucking Cartier Pen (which I brought home with me), the two water bottles, and anything else I might need that I can't think of right now.

Provided the drama is over at work, I am almost looking forward to getting back to work. I want to get back into my Subway dinner routine, and get myself back at my desk. This is about the longest I have ever been away from work, and I am wondering how things will be tomorrow morning. I will write about it in my next entry.

No comments: