Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuna Heals All Wounds

From the Fucking Cartier Pen:

Let's just say that the saga with Petunia Gray is still going on. My day yesterday went south very early. I got to work for my 9:30 shift, when the assistant manager asked me, "why are you here so early? Aren't you closing?" I reminded her that she had noted to schedule me at 9:30, and even showed her the notation. She realized that she made a mistake by scheduling me to close. So I came back later, and she promised to make me her tuna stuff on Thursday.

The day was very tense and quiet. I will not say a single thing to Petunia Gray for fear that it will come back and haunt me two years later. Perhaps it was better that I closed, as I had minimal exposure to that viral personality.

As I mentioned before, Julie adopted two cats recently. Now she is hinting at the idea that I am expected to watch the cats. This poses a problem. Back when we had Gigi, I was more of a homebody, so it was that big a deal. Things, however, have changed in the 2 1/2 years since she was put down. I work out, go out with my friends more often, and have a boyfriend. How am I supposed to find the time to babysit cats, and why would I want to? I told her that I didn't know if I would be home to take care of them. She mentioned some other options. She should use them.

With the changing of the text color, we are now in the present day. Today was actually a good day, since I didn't have to deal with Petunia Gray, who was off. But tomorrow begins a new era in my office. Daisy May's replacement is starting, and I will be training her, with Petunia Gray coming in at twelve. I really don't want any interference when I am training someone, and I really don't want the new operator walking into a soap opera. So I am going to do the best I can, and let the chips fall where they may.

Although I don't write a lot of checks these days, I noticed that I only had ten left. But I have noticed that there are cheaper places to buy checks than through my bank. So I went with Walmart. For the first time in my life, I bought checks that were actually more interesting. Perhaps I will write more checks now that I will have Spongebob checks. I should get them in ten to twelve business days. I really hope this works out.

I have also managed to hold the line on eating since coming back from vacation: 1700 calories or so for the past two days. I don't know how well I will do on Saturday, since I am going to Kyle and Kari's house for Josie's birthday party. I am well aware of the fact that I will essentially be crashing one of Kari's family events, but that's the way it goes. Oh well. Let's get through the next two days of work before I worry about Saturday. 

And although the party is Saturday, today is actually her birthday. So I say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIE! YOUR UNCLE ERIC LOVES YOU, EVEN IF YOUR DADDY WISHES HIS FAMILY DIDN'T EXIST!

Eric Out.

No comments: