Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Big Boss Cometh

From the Fucking Cartier Pen, from noon until 12:45 pm:

Today had "tune in/tune out" written all over it. For starters, yesterday I went to see Justin for his lunch break, driving forever to spend one lousy hour at the Burger King, and it was so busy when he got back to work that he didn't even have time to say goodbye. So it was a sad drive home.

My brakes in front are starting to go on my car. That is another little anxiety I have to deal with--just as I am planning a trip to PA in two weeks.

On Sunday, my Fucking Cartier Pen ran out of ink. I thought this a bit odd, since I had just changed my ink refill recently. So before I started work today, I had to once again take my pen to the Cartier boutique. Fortunately, they did acknowledge that if one refill lasted a year and a half, a replacement should last longer than a month and a half. My theory is that since my refill was blue, it was older, and therefore dried out. So they replaced it for free, but with a black refill. I hope it last longer.

This is a late shift, so I am already a little bit tired. I woke up earlier than I had wanted, but couldn't get back to sleep. This left me plenty of time to go walking this morning, only without weights.

The McDonald's I usually frequent had a sign on the door saying "WE DON'T NOT HAVE SODAS OR COFFEE." This was also the case on Sunday. How can a McDonald's conduct business for three days without its principal beverages? And why hasn't it been fixed? Perhaps I should start going to the location I visit on my days off. In addition to having beverages, it is also a good deal cleaner.

We are having a corporate visit today, so I have to be on my best behavior. So until the big boss leaves, my crossword puzzles will remain untouched. I have taken down my Garfield wall calendar and other assorted decorations. I look forward to things returning to normality soon.

So the only way I am entertaining myself this afternoon is by taking my lined writing paper and FCP and committing some thoughts to paper before entering it later. If the big boss comes in, he will only be catching me writing. And since a grand total of nothing written here is a trade secret, he shouldn't object. 

Hmm...and we wonder why I blow through so much ink. What I wrote here took three pages.

New color, new thoughts for the evening. The big boss never showed up in my office, so I put my decorations back up, and just went ahead and did my crosswords. I ate about 1500 calories today, which is a good thing. I got my checks in the mail today, and I am going to stop paying bills online for the time being. Paying bills online means that it took me two years to go through one box of checks, and now I have two new boxes. We'll see how that goes.

Justin and I had two outings planned: he and I were going to go to bingo tomorrow night, and he would come over to spend the night, and then we would spend Thursday together. This is now up in the air because his boss has scheduled a mandatory meeting for Thursday. I hope this can still be salvaged. It has been way too long since I was able to spend a day with him. And since I couldn't even get a good-bye kiss from him last night, I have this hollow feeling inside. 

So I am going to bed now so I can get up and go walking before work. 

Eric Out.

No comments: