I then started over toward Justin's and took two wrong turns. This made us start our trip to the museums an hour and a half later than we had planned, and embarrassed me because I have been there several times before.
Justin seemed preoccupied, and after my asking him four times, he told me he was upset because his father was being kind of a jerk to him. What a shocker. But I told him that if something was on his mind, I could tell very easily, and he could tell me what was going on when I ask him on the first try.
We parked at his Big Mama's house and walked to the Franconia-Springfield Metro station. From there we went to the Smithsonian station, and attended the Natural History Museum and the Air & Space Museum. While it was quite hot, the museums were air conditioned, and the price of the museums and parking (FREE!) were right on the mark.
At about five, we got back on the Metro, and went back to Big Mama's, stopping at the Subway at the Ghetto Mall for a sub. After stepping on the scale this morning and finding myself at 156 pounds, I realized that I should not be relying on exercise and my metabolism: I need to get myself back on track, so I insisted that we go to Subway. My calorie total for today was about 1350. Let's hope I can keep it going until I get back to 154 or so. Today's extra walking should have helped.
We chatted briefly with Big Mama, then got into my car (which was slow to start, for some reason), and went back to his house. His mother was there, but his father was out (playing backgammon, according to Justin). So I said hi to his mom before she headed out to run errands. I stuck around until about 7:30 when I came home, stopping at Target to pick up breakfast and snack items (and having some popcorn).
But I am glad to have finally been able to spend an entire day with Justin. And he has wanted to go museum-hopping for a while, and I am glad we could do that. While it isn't my total favorite thing to do, it was still fun, and I now feel more cultured than a cup of yogurt. Not really.
I am now perched once again on the sofa, listening to XM 78, which is the elevator music channel. Normally I don't like easy listening music, but I am so tired right now that I am ready to surround myself with an aura of relaxation. So I have it on, and it is staying on until I go to bed.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment