With the stress from family and work, I kind of flipped out on Julie. Her cat got spayed on Wednesday, and while I was in the kitchen at six this morning, trying to get my breakfast eaten, she comes down and greets me with a lament about her "poor cat". I looked at her and said, "another day, another cat complaint!" She hollered, "all you talk about is your fucking weight loss!" I told her that I had not said word one about it in the past few days, and walked out, taking my frustrations out on the tiles at Tysons.
Work was nonstop, one of which isn't even our job, yet it got dumped on us. Making this worse was Petunia Gray trying to get me to engage in conversation. I kept it as minimal as possible. The one thing that made it a little more tolerable was my assistant manager bringing in her tuna stuff. I got the recipe from her, and decided to use it to attempt to mend fences with Julie. She had mentioned that she wanted to try to make a vegetarian version of it.
Since I had eaten my lunch that I had brought in addition to two small plates of the tuna stuff (ingredients: tuna packed in oil, cubed potatoes, scallions, and Korean red pepper), I just went to Target and had some popcorn before coming home. While I was on my way home, I called her and told her that I had a peace offering in the form of some information. She asked me why I bit her head off, and I explained that I was a little stressed. We established that I try not to talk about my weight loss (which she admitted was a knee-jerk reaction, and that I really don't as much as I used to), and she would attempt to greet me with something resembling "hello" or "good morning" instead of with a complaint.
When I got home, Cleo was sitting on the sofa, and asked me if I had words with Julie about the cats. I told him yes, but I had talked to her, and we had come to a compromise. He asked, "You talked to her? How?" I told him, "I do have a cell phone, and I called her to give her a recipe, and we discussed it." He was a little bit disarmed, because he was about to tell me not to talk to her like that again. What a wuss. He knows full well that he would say the same thing if he had a spine. Of course, if he had a spine, he would finally get around to coming out of the closet to all of us and end this charade once and for all. Anyone who has asked as many questions about Freddie's is dying to come out.
So for now, she thinks things are okay. But perhaps I should look in the same newspaper that Justin found his room to rent, and move.
Since Julie is not around (and doesn't read this blog), I can say that my known calories were 1200 for the day. So even if the tuna stuff that I ate contained 600 calories (doubtful), I should be fine. And believe it or not, I am actually hungry. But I have to watch it. I am going on vacation in a week, and I want to get my weight back down before I start it.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment