Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Battling The Crud

I am off today, and this is a good thing. It is cold and rainy, and if the temperature drops any more, it will be cold and snowy. And right now, I feel horrid.

I started feeling somewhat crummy yesterday afternoon, when a persistent, hacking cough started. By the end of the day, I just thought it was due to my voice blowing out (this happens during the holidays), but it just got worse as the evening progressed.

Justin came over last night, and we watched my DVD copy of "Another Gay Sequel." I still assert that RuPaul has not aged well at all. (S)he used to wear glamorous dresses, but in this movie was wearing nothing but pantsuits. This movie is supposed to take place in Ft. Lauderdale, and all of the guys wear swim trunks (or less), yet, RuPaul looked like (s)he was dressed for a business convention.

This cough got bad enough that I took some medicine before bed. I still have problems sleeping with company, which is made worse because Justin sleeps on the left side of his bed at home, and I sleep on the left side here. He spent most of the night scooting his way over to the left side, and when I got him to go back, he took the covers with him. Basically, I was sick and cold for most of the night.

Since he had to work at 9:30, he and I got up at 6:30 and went to Burger King before parting ways. I am supposed to go over to his work to go see a movie when he is done, but I really don't want to go. He has never seen me sick before (the last time being when in March when I was in Pennsylvania), so he doesn't know how whiny and crabby I get. Plus, I am really, REALLY hoping that he doesn't get sick too. I don't really think he could blame me for not wanting to go anywhere for the rest of the day, unless I go stir crazy and head out.

I still managed to get myself to the mall and walk. How I managed to get six laps in is beyond me, but I was too weak to use the weights. I then went for popcorn (and didn't finish it), and came home. I put on a sweatshirt, fired up the computer and some soft music, and here I am. I have some chicken gumbo in the cabinet that I think is going to constitute lunch. So that is how it is right now in Eric Land.

Eric Out.


No comments: