Thursday, December 18, 2008

On The Other Side. I Hope.

I think that I might be getting over this cold. Considering its severity, I am impressed it only has been three and a half days and I am starting to get better.

I am not all healed yet: my voice is completely shot for the day, and I still am coughing. However, I used two entire boxes of tissues at work yesterday, and I barely used ten tissues for the entirety of today. I was able to walk today; I didn't do the complete three laps I usually do, but I got through about two and three-quarters before my body told me to knock it off.

I got to work, and things were okay, except for Petunia Gray suddenly going prudish on my singing a couple of lines from the Britney song "I Got A Plan". Before I left, I told my boss what had happened in case this might come back and haunt me in two years. I also told my boss that Petunia Gray not only has heard Britney, but is the proud owner of three of her albums. So my boss knows what is going on, and that Petunia Gray is a big hypocrite.

Julie gave me my birthday present tonight; I got a blue t-shirt with a rainbow and the words "Hate Free Zone" on it, and a calendar featuring naked bears. I will not be taking this calendar to work.

My father called me at work, and I informed him that for my birthday lunch, Justin would be joining us. His response was, "Well, if that's what you want." Yes, Dad, that is what I want! I want to have my boyfriend there when I celebrate my birthday! Sheesh.

So we will see how that goes. I still have three more days in this stretch, and the challenge will be Saturday and Sunday. I mentioned it before, but like last year, I close Saturday and open on Sunday. At least I have the day off the next day.

So we are now down to five shifts until Christmas. It's almost done, with only this illness getting in the way. I am still okay with eating (1800 calories today), and hopefully I will get back to walking my full amount, with my weights, very soon.

Eric Out

No comments: