Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Twenty-Five Hour Date

First, I want to say that ol' "No-Tip" Matt, on his blog, thinks he's hot stuff because he finally figured out how to underline text. Whoopee. Next perhaps he'll learn to spell. Maybe he'll also learn to stop complaining.

My latest date with Justin began last night, when he came over at about eight o'clock. I had warned Julie that he would be coming over so that she could at least be dressed somewhat (she usually lounges around the house in a t-shirt and panties; someday I'll get a picture of her on this blog). 

He got off work late, so he got to the house just in time to watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas," which was on. Last year, at about this time, I wrote a commentary about it here, so I am not going to rehash it. Justin and I convinced Cleo and Julie to watch the hour with us, and they were nice enough to ignore the fact that Justin and I were groping each other on the sofa. Cleo then disappeared, and the three of us watched "Legally Blonde" on DVD. Justin and I then went down to the Batcave and went to bed. 

Justin is far less of a morning person than I am (BTW I weighed 155.5 pounds; not great, but it could be a lot worse). As a result, we got started with the day a little later than I had hoped. Every time I got out of bed, he wanted me to get back into bed to help keep him warm. How sweet.

As you know, I am a little insecure about how good a boyfriend I am, so I am all about the give-and-take. But he and I both got to do a little bit of what we wanted: after breakfast at Burger King, I sweet-talked him into going mall walking with me. I explained that I had a streak of days going, and today would be my seventieth consecutive day with power walking. So we went to Dulles Town Center and walked six laps, then we went to Leesburg. He works at a store that has a branch there, and he knew some people who he wanted to visit. I told him that if I am willing to schlep him out to Leesburg to go to a big-box store, then it must be love. 

I offered to buy us kabobs for an early dinner, and then we went to Fair Oaks for another four laps. I have now gotten him interested in mall walking. But the date finally ended at about nine tonight when he dropped me off at home (I drove to Leesburg, then we switched cars and he drove to Fair Oaks). It is days like this that help make up for the lack of time spent in October. I can hardly believe that we have now been dating for ten months.

It is odd that at this time of the year, I lose track of what day of the week it is. I know that today is Tuesday, but I tend to start thinking about my life in terms of days off versus days at work. Here is how it currently maps out: I have thirteen shifts to go before Christmas. I work the next four days, then I am off for a day, then I work one day, have another day off, then I work five days (ouch), then I have a day off, then I work two more days, and then Christmas is here. That's it. I plan to get through it one day at a time, with the attitude of "head down, tune in, tune out." This keeps me focused on work, and keeps me out of trouble. 

I am now about to fall asleep as I type this, so I am heading to bed.

Eric Out.

No comments: