I sincerely hope that Julie makes better plans for cat care the next time she goes out of town. Tina didn't show up again on Friday night, and I was stuck feeding the cats at midnight. I sent Julie a text message, and she called me to look at the litter box; it was a mess. She was trying to solve this, and wound up asking her mother to change the litter; she was nice enough to freak out about this while talking to me on my cell phone. What a waste of minutes. She wanted to avoid having her mother come over and actually wanted me to change my plans so I could let someone else in. This was not to be; I have not had a Saturday off since early November, and Justin and I were planning to have a little lunch at Tysons, and I was going to my brother's.
I don't want to sound heartless, but these cats are NOT my problem. Nobody consulted me when Julie and Cleo decided to adopt them, and I refuse to take responsibility for them. I don't want the responsibility of pets, otherwise I would have my own cat.
I got to Tysons for walking at about 8:30, and when I was done, I hung out there until a little after twelve, when Justin sent me a text message that since Chris was leaving, his parents demanded that he stay and have lunch with them. So I then schlepped to Wheaton Plaza and commenced the slumming I had mentioned in my last entry.
One thing I should mention is that I still cannot shake this crud that has been plaguing me for the last two weeks. I was very congested both yesterday and this morning. Kyle and Kari were still recovering from colds as well, so I didn't tell them that I was still feeling less than 100%.
At about 3:30, I went to their house, where we had to be quiet for a little bit until Josie finished her nap. When she first woke up, she was a cranky little girl, much like her father and grandfather. But once she was up and about, she was friendly and active. She is so sweet, and LOVED the Cabbage Patch doll I bought her. She was particularly enthused by the fact that this doll had a belly button, a sculpted derriere, and was wearing a diaper.
Dinner was excellent, and nothing on the menu was beige. They got me some very nice gifts, and I appreciate that. I got to stay until Josie had her bath, and then it was time to go. I told them that I hoped that I would see them sooner than later (and NOT in six months!).
I got home and threw two loads of laundry into the washer before going to bed. I slept well, but was still congested this morning.
I was debating this morning which mall I wanted to go to this morning, but I had to pick up some oatmeal at Walmart, so I went to Dulles Town Center. I had some problems finishing the six laps today; I did, but this is a sign that I am not completely recovered from whatever this illness is.
While I was having a popcorn at Target (I am really trying to get back into the routines that work), Justin called me and asked me to come to his work for his lunch break. This is at seven. After I rest for a while, I might go a little beforehand and see what is going on at the Ghetto Mall. It's been a while since I was there, and it'll be interesting to see what else is gone.
American Top 40 is from 1984; it is the top 100 hits of the year. They are up to #90, which is "Under Cover of the Night." I didn't like this song two weeks ago when I heard it twice in half an hour; happily it'll be over quickly. But I have no plans to be listening to the entire 100 songs.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment