Last night was a mixed bag. After wondering how to get Diane and TJ to Freddie's for bingo, I thought it would be a good idea for the three of us to ride together, with me driving. So at work yesterday, I gave Diane a call.
Diane decided (and did not tell me) that she and TJ decided that they weren't going, instead opting to have cocktails with a couple of her friends. This ticked me off royally. Justin and I invited her to bingo a couple of weeks ago, and she accepted, and I am wondering if she had any real intention of going in the first. I guess that having the choice of a group of upbeat young men and a bunch of depressing old women, the old women won out.
Work, other than that irritating phone call, was typical for Christmas Eve, but we didn't get lunch breaks. This is going to work out to my advantage, as I now have to leave thirty-five minutes early tomorrow. So I get out of there at 4:30, just as things get hairy.
Since I had plenty of time, I went home for a little while, and then headed out to Freddie's. Justin had reserved a table for eight o'clock (when the $5 burgers start), and I got there a few minutes beforehand. Justin wound up stuck at work, and Scott told me he would be late (via text message and with no explanation whatsoever). But I felt like a pathetic idiot, sitting there for an hour and flipping through a copy of The Onion. I am just glad that they have a good crossword puzzle.
Justin and Chris finally showed up a few minutes after nine, and Scott shortly after that. I am rather disappointed that with all of the games they played (it was all "Any Bingo" games for the evening), I didn't win a damn thing.
Usually, after bingo is over, there are no further activities, but since it was Christmas Eve, they had karaoke. I had a repeat performance of "Miracle" (which I also performed back in May). For my second song, I impulsively flipped to the Bee Gees, where I was surprised to find that they had the song "ESP".
"ESP" is a very obscure song by the Bee Gees. I stumbled across it back in October when I was posting videos by them here, and I was so shocked by how little it sounded like them that I downloaded it for my iPod. It wasn't a hit, so I was extremely shocked to find it in the karaoke books. So I signed up for it.
Here is the song:
The only problem with singing this song is that I am only one person, and it requires two different lead vocalists. So that made it a challenge.
Justin and I left after that song; Chris and Scott left prior to that. I got home at about one, fed the cats (Tina was not here), and took a shower, and went to bed.
So we are here this morning, and I am finding it difficult to deal with today, since all of my routines have been upended. Normally, my days off begin with my getting up, going to the mall and walking, and going to McDonald's for a drink. Unfortunately, the mall is closed, and McDonald's is closed. So I am at loose ends, wanting to exercise since I ate a lot yesterday, and not being able to. It is too chilly to walk outside, and where would I go anyway? So, after eighty-five days, the streak is over.
I guess since today is Christmas Day, we can do things a little differently. So while still in my pajamas, I went out and got my newspaper, came back into the house, grabbed two cans of soda, took them and my paper downstairs to the Batcave, and had my Morning Civility in bed. And you know what? It was kind of nice to sit and do the crossword while tucked in.
Although I did eat too much yesterday, I should be fine. My weight on Monday was just fine (especially since it was in the middle of the afternoon and I had eaten, and was wearing clothes, and all that jazz), and with Bette's lousy cooking, I should be fine eating today.
I will be going over to my parents' today at about three. I offered to bring my XM radio boombox for Christmas music, and they seemed okay on the idea. I just hope I get reception there. I told them that (a) having it tuned to a Christmas channel would save time on flipping records (and yes, they still have RECORDS!), and (b) they didn't have the "Special XMas" channel this year. My parents didn't find "Special XMas" as amusing last year as Kyle, Kari, and I did.
Of course, I feel robbed because I don't get to see Josie. I can't help but remember that I was robbed of Cathleen's first (and only) Christmas, and look what happened. But I guess since I get to see Josie on Saturday.
So I will have more information about the day as it progresses.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment