Saturday, March 21, 2009

Another Rotten Week Done At Last

From the Fucking Cartier Pen, from 1:20-1:45 pm:

Man, oh man, is this day dragging. The lunch breaks are about to start, and "That's My Tuna!" has been assigned to cover us. 

As I write this, Dan is being buried, and I hope that Rachel will be able to move forward. I also hope that the fact they never got married will not hinder settling his estate.

I guess that with days like today, the best I can do is to attempt to go into a trance and come back out of it when my shift ends at seven. 

It would be really nice if people would stop throwing food at me. My boss bought lunch for the assistant manager's birthday on Thursday. I had a token portion of the pasta and a huge amount of salad; hopefully I didn't blow it, or insult my boss.

Now, several people have brought food into work, and they are trying to offer it to me. I really don't want to insult any one person by selecting one person's food over another, nor do I want to fall off the food wagon, so I came up with a plan. Basically, I took the food I brought and put it into the refrigerator in the break room. So I can discreetly eat my lunch without microwaving it in front of everyone, and, if they try to ply me with their food, I can lie and tell them I tried some. It's too bad that I have to resort to such subterfuge to watch my calories, but I have to do what I have to do.

Around "That's My Tuna!," I always have to be careful what I say. Like I mentioned before, she is a total gossip, and her favorite gossip buddy is You-Know-Who. Fortunately, "That's My Tuna!" is engrossed in some sort of reading material, and I refuse to give her any ammo for when she breaks someone's confidence once again.

Yes, folks, I am a little bit paranoid these days. But I have every reason to be. I wound up at 2500 calories for the day (the absolute maximum I am allowed), and I will be up and walking tomorrow as usual. But let's face it, folks: the past two weeks have absolutely sucked. From jury duty to the insane car repair bill, from Inese to Dan, and the usual work stress, I am really hoping for an easier few weeks. 

I have been dragging for the better part of the day, and I don't understand why: I have slept like a log during the past two nights, and I know I have had plenty of REM sleep because of all the whacked-out dreams I had. So I have no idea why I should feel tired. And I have to deal with the part-timer tomorrow, but I got into a good book this afternoon, so that should help me get through the day. But for now, let's just chill. This, coincidentally, is the XM channel playing right now, so that is appropriate.

Eric Out.

No comments: