Sunday, March 1, 2009

Waiting For The Big One?

If the folks predicting the weather are to be believed, we are going to get a ton of snow. A winter storm warning went into effect about an hour and a half ago, and right now it is just cloudy. It is 37º outside, so I am wondering if this is just hype again. The radar on the Weather Channel would suggest otherwise (showing the storm approaching), but you never know.

Julie and I went out to the grocery store, and the people are panicking, like always. I have some comfort food (a pack of hot dogs and fat-free Pringles), and I bought some graham crackers as well. I am going to be fine. I just drank a beer, and I am a little bit tipsy as I write this, but we can be thankful for spell check.

I got up and did my usual thing, then I went into my workplace for a moment so I could pick up my jury duty summons. If, heaven forbid, I can't go into work tomorrow, I need that information so I can call tomorrow evening to see if I have to go to the courthouse on Tuesday.

I finally heard from Justin. He has brought a sleeping bag with him to sleep in the car in case the roads become impassible. He and I are planning to go to the drag show next week, and if I don't have to go to the courthouse, we can get together then. It was nice to finally speak to him rather than communicating with text messages. He also alerted me that Britney was coming to town, but the only tickets left are $128 each. So I don't know if we are going. 

As you know, I have been bothered by the fact that I have not gotten my issues of Genre magazine, even calling back in January. It turns out that they never sent them to any subscribers, citing printer problems. In addition to this, the editor-in-chief has stepped down, and when I called the customer service number, it has now been disconnected. I have a feeling that Genre is going to be folding before long. My timing is pretty bad with this one; I subscribe just before they cease to exist. I hope I can get my ten bucks back.

Because of the trip to the grocery stores with Julie, I missed "AT40" this week. Julie cannot stop talking and giving me a lot of stupid running commentary about the things she is buying. Having bought my comfort elsewhere, I only got the makings for some light onion dip. If I can keep on focus, I should top out at about 2000 calories for the day (assuming 200 for the beer). 

So let the storm begin. I hope that if it turns into anything, I won't have to go into work. We will see.

Eric Out.

No comments: