Recently (actually, since June), I have been talking about my ongoing battles with my Genre magazine subscription: the problems starting the subscription, problems getting the bill paid and the check deposited, only receiving two issues, and so on. Well, the saga has apparently come to an end. As I predicted right here on this very blog, Genre magazine has "suspended" publication. I put quote marks around the word "suspended" because I have a hard time believing that this magazine will be back anytime soon. On the other hand, it has been around since 1991, and hopefully some other company will purchase and restart it. All this for a magazine that I subscribed to entirely on impulse.
The one thing that has gone smoothly in my life this week has been work, wings or no wings. You-know-who is on a six-day break, and it has been so much less stressful. I will be working during all six days, and it is a welcome respite.
Justin is having parental troubles again, and I hope he didn't blow it for good. His parents are giving him grief for wanting to go out, thinking that he shouldn't because he owes them money. I am trying to stay out of it, but I don't like seeing him that preoccupied. According to Justin, he wrote an email giving his mother a piece of his mind. Now I am concerned that he will come home to find the locks changed. We will see what happens.
I don't know why I am so tired right now, but I still have three days until my next day off. Justin and I were talking about going on a nature walk, but the temperature is only going to get to 55º on Tuesday. We will also see what happens there. I hope we can go, but it still might be too cold.
I really don't have a lot more to say tonight, so we're going to end it here.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment