Let's start with this: I want everyone to think good thoughts for Lois (who, while no longer a registered follower of this blog, still communicates with me on her own blog), her best friend, and her best friend's husband. Her best friend's husband went to the hospital for a routine x-ray for a pulled muscle and found his body riddled with malignant tumors. In the course of a few weeks, this 32-year old has gone from being healthy to being on his deathbed. So although I have never met any of these people face-to-face, I am feeling for them, and although it seems too late for this fellow to make a recovery, I wish to send up a prayer for all who are affected by this. I pray for comfort for him, strength for his wife and friends, and peace for all involved.
Next, we have Justin. He has had a problem with one of his teeth, requiring him to take Vicodin to cope with the pain. He went to the dentist today to find that he had two cavities and needs three root canals. He has no dental insurance, but his mother is helping him out. I will be going with him on Tuesday to get the work done, for moral support. Also, if they need to put him under to do all this work, he will need someone to drive him home.
Now, we have my little dealing. It is now mid-March, so I had to take my car to get it inspected. It failed. I don't really understand what the things are that need to be done, but I do understand the concept of $700.
Let's have a little perspective, though. Compared to Lois's friend and Justin, I have no problems.
I could go and buy another car, but I would have a car payment, higher insurance, and higher property taxes, and these things that need to be done are basic wear and tear. Plus, I am wondering (as usual) how secure my job is. So I will be taking my car into the shop tomorrow morning, going to work, and picking it up when I am off. I will pay for the repairs. Life goes on.
I'm not happy about having this, but it is a matter of a car repair, not extensive dental work. And it definitely is not cancer. So this is my attitude toward it.
I called Instinct on Tuesday about not getting my March issue. They are sending me another copy. This is good, since a while back I wrote a letter to them, and they printed it. So I need a copy of that for a souvenir.
I went to bingo alone on Wednesday. I found out that one of the servers I liked (who had been there for a long time) had been fired. I hope she will be able to find another job. I didn't win, and felt lonely, so I bailed after it was half over.
It is now eleven, and my sentences are getting choppy, so it is time to sign off before I turn into a pumpkin.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment