Tuesday, March 24, 2009

More Fun In A Dentist's Office

I was off today, and Justin asked me to join him for moral support as he got more dental work done. This time it was two crowns. Last week we were out of the office in an hour. We weren't so lucky this time. His appointment was at nine, and after sitting there for two hours, I went to a 7-Eleven and got a copy of the Washington Times and read it practically from cover to cover. I found it interesting; all of these things that were supposed to be harsh criticisms of President Obama left me thinking, "so what's wrong with that?"

We finally got out of there a little after one, where we went to Potomac Mills mall, and then went to get pizza before coming back to his place (yes, I ate too much and skipped walking after a 57-day streak, but we'll deal with it). I also took a day off from Lent. Hopefully God will understand.). It would have been nicer if I could have spent less than four hours in the waiting room of the dentist's office, but that's life.

It was a pretty good day, except now Justin is flipping out because he can't find his satellite radio receiver. He called me as I was heading home, asking me if I had seen it. I hadn't, and now he claims he looked everywhere for it, and can't find it. Nothing I could say or suggest calmed him down, but the fact is that a satellite radio receiver cannot grow a set of legs, so it must be somewhere. I hope it turns up; judging by the money he seems to owe, he can't afford a replacement.

So while I sit here, my iPod is charging, and my laundry is going. The knob on the dryer broke, so I wasn't able to do my dryer loads until the replacement part arrived today. As a result, I have one load finishing in the dryer, another wet load waiting to go into the dryer, and one more in the washer. Once that third load has found its way into the dryer, it is time to call this day over. I must walk tomorrow, so I can get back on track.

Eric Out.


No comments: