Justin and I had been talking about going to the drag show last night, but since he worked two shifts with a turnaround time of five hours, he just decided to stay home. I went out to see him, where we watched an episode of "Queer As Folk". I then hatched out plans with Terri about Justin's root canal. She said she would come along as well, so she would know what was going on. I recommended that she pick up some Ensure shakes so he could have something with nutrients since he would have some trouble eating solid food. She said it was a good idea. She then said "go see the kid." The fact that she thinks of him in those terms, is it any wonder he still lives with them?
After walking my usual three laps, I met them at the Silver Diner at Tysons, which, coincidentally, was right next to the building where the oral surgeon was located. We went to the office, and Terri and I sat and waited. I really don't know what purpose I was serving there, other than moral support, but I was happy to do this. Justin seemed like a zombie after we were done, and Terri obviously had a lot on her mind, since she was about to drive home with me in the back seat, until Justin reminded her that my car was still at the mall. They took me to my car, and asked if I wanted to come over for a while. I declined, saying I was a little tired and just preferred to go home.
Of course, I am wondering if I did the wrong thing, but I have not had any real "me time" for a while. And if they think less of me for going home, they should realize that if I didn't care, I wouldn't have gone to the dentist with them in the first place. And also, they should remember: Justin didn't ask me to come: I offered.
I went to Target and got a get-well card for Inese, which brings us to the next topic. In the grand tradition of my brother, I don't get phone calls unless something bad happens. Yesterday I got a message on my cell phone from Kari (never from Kyle), stating that they were fine, but things were going on, and I should call them.
So I called, and Kyle answered, and told me that Inese had a massive stroke. Kyle and Kari are driving to Florida today to be with her. So my thoughts are with them. Has anyone noticed that in the past couple of months I have had to say that a lot? Just asking. There isn't much I can do, so I did my usual thing: send a card. I hope it gets a better reception than the cards I send Kyle and Kari, which don't even get acknowledged. But for now, let's think of others.
Changing gears, we will now do our traditional feature: the changing of the himbo picture at Abercrombie & Fitch. The twins from last time have flown the coop, and have been replaced by a giant close-up of a man's crotch. We are treated to a fellow who, although it is cropped at his midriff, is clearly leaning against the wall to his right. He is wearing a pair of Abercrombie jeans (which, of course, are already beaten up). The top button is undone, and his free hand is stuck down the pants. My first impression when seeing his hand down his pants like that is that he has crabs, and they itch royally. But that's just me.
So that is where we currently stand. I am working the next six days, so I should make the most of today.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment