Now that we are on the final day of the year, it's time to look back at the highlights and lowlights of the year that ends in a few short hours. Yes, party people, in between endless essays about my magazines' changing publishing frequency, some things did happen:
- Losing a coworker to downsizing in January, adding a lot to my work load.
- Justin standing me up for his birthday, marking the beginning of the end of our relationship.
- Getting through Jury Duty.
- April 7th, a day that changed my entire life: my uncle backed into my car, my boss was let go, and the phrase "Dan Box" entered my vocabulary, along with having a very distraught aunt and uncle.
- Justin moving to Florida and giving me four days' notice that he was doing so, spelling the end of our relationship.
- Getting a new car.
- Going to Capital Pride for the first time.
- Having all of my coworkers turn against me, and trying to redeem an unfairly sullied reputation.
- Seeing Matt and Melissa for the first time in over four years, and picking up right where we left off, as if we had just seen each other the week before.
- Joining a bowling league.
- An extended staycation, caused by Chris having swine flu.
- Meeting Guy (finally getting some "dot dot dot" in the process), only to get dumped for his ex less than a month later.
- Writing myself a copy of "BrĂ¼no" on DVD.
- A snowstorm that left me stuck at home, left Elaine stranded here for two days, and put my birthday into the record books.
- Kyle showing a side of himself I had never seen, in a shouting match with Inese.
- Finally learning how to talk to people at gay bars (this has been ongoing).
I composed that list over the last couple of weeks, adding things to it as events warranted. But now the year has come to an end, I am hoping for all that it is a nice, happy, reduced-drama year. I say "reduced-drama" because with me, it is pretty much impossible to ask for "drama-free". And it would be nice to have a boyfriend to give me a little bit of good drama. But let's deal with that as it comes. I wish every one of you out there a happy 2010, and my big hope for the year for myself is that I can get my eating back under control. Yes, my clothes still fit, but I don't want to risk it.
Cheers and Eric Out!
No comments:
Post a Comment