All day long, all anyone could talk about was whether it was going to snow, how much we would be having, and thus and such.
This was the wrong time for me to be running out of stuff. So I went to Target, and braved the maddening crowds to pick up enough breakfast and lunch stuff to get me through until Christmas. There were no out-of-the-ordinary purchases, just my usual groceries.
I came home at the same time as Cleo, Julie, and Elaine (they had gone out for dinner), and there were a few snow flurries starting to come down. I looked out the window a few minutes ago to find that the entire parking lot was already covered in a thin layer of snow...in one hour.
Pals and Gals, we are in trouble if this keeps up. There is no way I am going to work if my car is buried in snow. Like always, I wonder if I will get in trouble for staying home. But, as always, we have to remember: As of this coming Tuesday, I have been working there for a decade. Tomorrow will be the fourteenth shift I have missed at work, and eight of those were for funerals.
But for now, let's just relax. I am listening to "Chill" (how appropriate!), charging up my iPod, and relaxing.
One fun thing about having something shipped by FedEx is tracking the package. As you know, I ordered a copy of "Borat" the other day, and it is now sitting at the FedEx facility in Hagerstown, MD. This is probably where it will stay for a few days. Oh well; I have other movies and stuff to watch, as long as I don't keep the stupid Weather Channel on during the entirety of this event.
So well stop it here for now. Have a good night.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment