Friday, December 11, 2009

The Swag Parade Continues!

Expunging someone from one's life is easier than one would think.

I have deleted Guy's phone number from my cell phone, removed the playlist of the CD I burned him, deleted his ass photos from my laptop, tossed any Mapquest directions to anywhere he could be found, and thrown out anything with his name, address, or phone number on it. All I need to do now is return the Barbie doll (which can be done tomorrow night or Sunday morning), and my life will be back to having the appearance of his never been a part of it. I will be heading to Freddie's to sing it out of my system as soon as I can.

Work was better today than yesterday, and I don't know how it will be tomorrow. We have the office party, and all of my beverages are there, waiting. It was a challenge lugging six two-liter bottles of soda, a gallon jug of green tea, and two bags of pretzels from my car to the office.

I work the late shift tomorrow, from 12 to 9. While this fails to thrill me, I will admit that it is nice that for the first time since about 2005, I am not working late on the Saturday before Christmas. It is, after all, my birthday. Plus, we now have nine shifts to go before the holidays are done.

Today marks the fifth anniversary of us living in this house. Perhaps someday I will finish unpacking. But obviously what I don't need can stay packed.

As you know, I have been getting a lot of unexpected things this week. First, it was the t-shirt from Hub. This past weekend, I did the part-timer a solid by downloading a bunch of Christmas songs and burning them onto a CD for her. To thank me, she not only paid me for the songs but gave me an ice scraper that she didn't need. Then I got the DVD from Instinct. Well, today I got an email from Apple inviting me to download a holiday sampler from iTunes. Back in August, I got another sampler of dance music. That music was absolute crap, and we all know how much I just LOVE Christmas music (especially something like "We Three Kings" by Toby Keith), but let's face it, readers: free shit is free shit. So I went and downloaded it.

Well, it's that time of the night where Eric is going to take his tired self to bed. I didn't realize that Guy dumping me would impact my psyche as it did last night (since I kind of saw it coming and was ready to move on anyway), but I didn't sleep all that well. So we are done here.

Eric Out.

No comments: