Wednesday, December 30, 2009

That's Why The Lady Is A Cramp

Work has slowed down considerably since Saturday, and now we will have some quiet times. Today is my last day off before a seven-day stretch, and then I will (if all goes according to plan) be going to Pennsylvania, since my trip was canceled in October.

I did indeed go to Freddie's last night, and although I didn't meet my future husband (and wasn't expecting to), I did not come home distraught. I sang four songs, none of which were sung well. This was mainly a problem of song selection: I don't have the pipes to pull off "Disturbia" by Rihanna or "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks. As for the other two ("Cum On Feel The Noize" by Quiet Riot and "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus), I had a good time belting them out.

I was there for a couple of hours, and actually dared to walk up to a couple of people and talk to them. One of them I see there all the time, and I talked karaoke with him. He sings as badly as I do, but he tries to overcompensate with an excess of emotion. Justin once told me that he is a hustler (translation: prostitute). But the fact that I talked to him (and dipped into the conversation of the two guys beside me at the bar) makes me think that there is a little bit of hope.

It was kind of cathartic to jump on that stage and belt out a few songs last night; I hadn't been there since the day before Thanksgiving, and I was singing out the whole Guy episode, the holiday season, the snowstorm, and Kyle's screaming match with Inese. Sheesh; what a month it's been!

I came home to find Julie sitting on the sofa, clutched over in pain. She told me that her period has started and she was having major cramps. Cleo had to take her to the ER at midnight last night, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. We'll see what happens with that.

So I once again am wondering what I am going to do with the rest of my day. I killed a good bit of time at Borders this afternoon, looking for something to buy with a couple of gift cards I got for Christmas, but found nothing that turns me on. And thank heavens that Creepy Married Guy did NOT put in an appearance.

But right now, let's just relax.

Eric Out.

No comments: