Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Twenty-Six Hours Until Christmas.

The time until Christmas can now be measured in hours without it looking ridiculous. The other day I left a message for the part-timer that as of six o'clock on 12/18, there were only 540,000 seconds left until Christmas. She now rues the day that they put a calculator on my desk.

Now, as of ten o'clock, we are down to only 93,600 seconds. And at five o'clock, I am going to be running screaming for the door.

I watched "Borat" last night, and I can't help but notice the plot similarities between it and "Brüno". It involves a European television personality coming to America, joined by a pudgy, balding flunky, and embarrassing a lot of Americans. I wonder what Sacha Baron Cohen will do next, since "Brüno" didn't do that well in the theatre.

I decided to finally splurge a little on myself and got myself a Louis Vuitton pen case. It has been over three years since I bought my Fucking Cartier Pen, and I have been toting it in the red presentation box that housed it when I bought it. This box, while very nice, is extremely cumbersome. So now I can tote the pen and protect it while looking a little less silly doing so.

I also got my ten year anniversary gift today. It is a Waterford Keyport Clock. A picture is on the left. This photo is courtesy of the Waterford website. I really didn't feel like hauling out my digital camera, snapping a photo, uploading the photo, and putting it here, so I did a Google search and yielded the same result.










So I have to get up at five in the morning tomorrow if I want to go walking. I wound up doing my walking elsewhere today, since Tysons was just too crowded. I will probably do the same thing tomorrow. I haven't used my weights since last Friday. On Saturday, I walked outside, on Sunday I shoveled snow, and on Monday and Tuesday I was walking in an open mall, and didn't feel like taking out some old lady with an ill-timed weight swing.

So it's now almost Christmas. All I have to do is survive tomorrow, and we're done.

Eric Out.

No comments: