As I promised, here is a cute photo of Josie decorating the gingerbread house. It is hard to believe how grown-up she looks, even though she is only three.
I am off today, and I am just trying to decompress, as I like to do during the holidays when I have a day off. I did my usual thing in the morning, then I had to pick up a couple more Christmas cards for people I forgot (Kari's mother and a friend from work). They are now addressed and in the mailbox with the flag up. I don't do that with bills (identity theft happens more with stolen mail than anything else), but greeting cards are okay. Plus, I don't have to take any more trips to check the mail; I can see the mailbox from inside, and when the flag is put down, I know the mail has arrived.
I have spoken very little with Guy recently. I called him briefly at work yesterday, and he called me at home last night. Our conversations are getting briefer, and the excuses have gotten lamer. At some point, I had pitched the idea of getting together Sunday, but he and his roommate have to finish decorating the house for Christmas. I don't quite get this. For the most part, he is the one calling me, yet he never wants to do anything. I think it might be time to chalk him up to a nice "dot dot dot" distraction and go back to Freddie's for my next hairy conquest.
I thought about going there last night, but I just came home. It was a very long day. I worked from 10:30 to 8:00, with only half an hour for lunch. I was dead tired by the end of the day, but this is going to work to my advantage: during the holidays this year, we are allowed to work two extra hours a week, and I banged out an hour and a half of that yesterday, and fifteen minutes on Monday. All I have to is take a forty-five minute lunch break between tomorrow and Saturday and it's done.
Tomorrow at six will mark the halfway point of my shifts between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And for the first time in ages I feel like I got enough sleep last night. So I am doing okay.
I have only one or two more gifts to pick up, and then we are also done with Christmas, which is good. My goal is to get everything done by the eleventh of December. Then in the last two weeks before Christmas, I can go to the mall, sit on one of the benches, and watch everyone else panic.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment