Thursday, December 3, 2009

Isn't "Dating" Supposed To Involve Dates?

I think I'm beginning to see a few red flags.

It has now been a little less than three weeks since I met Guy. Since then, we have been on one dinner date and one trip to bingo. Last Saturday we were supposed to go to the movies, but he asked if we could just hang out at his place. Then he bailed on me for dinner and to accompany me to the bowling alley last Monday.

Last night, we were planning to go to Freddie's for bingo again, but when I called him at work yesterday, he expressed reservations about going out, and asked if we could just spend time at the house. I said that this was okay, but while finishing my shift, I started thinking that this is becoming somewhat of a pattern. And when he said that he would rather have me to himself, that really started bells going off in my head. One of the signs of a bad relationship is one person trying to isolate the other. Either that or Guy is a total homebody. Or he only wants me for my body (yeah, right!).

I did go over to his place last night. Thinking that after bingo I would be staying at his place, I brought a change of clothes, but after we watched "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" and the Grammy nomination show (GO LADY GAGA!), I decided to head home. We are planning to meet some of his friends at a restaurant on Saturday night, and I told him that I was going to my brother's house on Sunday to decorate the gingerbread house I bought for Josie. I am being quite blatant about his not isolating me: while typing this, I said what titles this entry: we're dating, and this should involve going on dates. We haven't even known each other for three weeks; we shouldn't be acting like old marrieds already.

Let's change colors and move on to another topic. I am off today, and I am continuing my holiday preparations. On Monday it involved getting the majority of my cards out. Then yesterday I put a meager Christmas list in the mail for my father. The one thing I want more than anything is a new bowling ball, either orange or purple. If anything, I will probably be getting money so I can go buy it myself.

I also went and got my Secret Santa gift and got the damn thing over with. At least it was someone who is worth my money. I need to get something for my friends Matt and Melissa, and my father. That pretty much finishes up the list. This year, Justin has been relegated to getting a card, and Beth is off the list entirely. If someone is going to completely desert me and only resurface to borrow money and activate prepaid debit cards, they will find themselves off the present list. And when she doesn't see fit to give me her address, I can't send her a card very easily. I have another few people to go, and then I'm done.

I discovered today that I was running out of vitamins, so I had to go to the one place where angels most fear to tread: Walmart. They have the vitamins I use available in huge bottles, and they actually had the English muffins I like and that Target dropped from carrying. So I got that done, with a minimum of stress. But I can't stand Walmart most of the time. The only time it is good to shop there is at six o'clock in the morning, and there is no good time to shop there in December. It is now crossed off my list.

I have tried to get hold of Diane so we can have dinner, but I haven't been successful. I have talked to her very little since I met Guy, but I want her to know that she is still important to me. I left her a message saying this on Monday. We only talked briefly, but no man is going to ever come between me and my friends.

So let's see where the day goes. It is just before two o'clock, and I walked at Fair Oaks this morning. I got a late start, and was there well after the stores opened. After that was when I did my errands. The afternoon is a blank slate. I have already received all of my bills and magazines, so I have no reason to wait for the mail with bated breath.

Eric Out.

No comments: