We are having ourselves one heck of a week, aren't we? I started to feel a little bit crummy last night (which, I admit, didn't help my mood much), and today I was sneezing and my sinuses still feel bad.
Fortunately, I can blame it on allergies around my coworkers and Julie, since it is very mild. My voice hasn't dropped in pitch, so it is less obvious that I have a cold. Whenever I tell anyone at work that I have a cold, all of my coworkers come down with it. During the past couple of colds, no one really noticed it, so no one got sick.
My mood has been all over the place today. During my walk this morning (yes, I'm still walking), my occupying thoughts were mostly the stuff I have been talking about in the last few posts. I didn't have time to think about anything at work today; it was far too busy to even breathe, let alone wallow in self-pity. That helped. You might say I downloaded a patch to cover a security breach of my psyche.
Then there was the email I got from Tana, who has noticed how downbeat this blog has gotten, and she has threatened to kick Justin and Ronnie's collective asses. I want to watch this and take pictures. And my comment from "XO" (who remains anonymous for a reason, but I know who it is) was also encouraging (and thanks for the belated holiday gift, you guys!)
The one thing I have not done, amazingly enough, is overeat with all this going on. I last reported that I had eaten 1900 calories on Tuesday; I was at about 1700 and 1600 in the last couple of days. If I don't have any bad influences, I will keep this up. When it gets so stressful that my life becomes a total mess, I guess I latch onto the one thing that I can control, and that is what I eat.
And with a few keystrokes on the cell phone, Justin's number went bye-bye tonight while I was eating dinner at Subway. They can keep my copy of the Bloodhound Gang's "Hooray for Boobies" album as a souvenir.
I guess, for the moment, I am okay. I am still as frustrated as ever about things, but like Tana said in her nice email, spring is on the way, so I don't have to sit and brood while the winter wind whips outside.. And although I am still wondering about my future as a Hoover, I'm still committed to finishing out the season, and those pins are going to get it on Monday.
Let's just finish out the winter (we have high wind warnings right now, with some snow showers), and look to the day when I don't have to don sixteen layers of clothing just to get the mail. I'll formulate a plan of action while we wait for the snow to melt.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment