Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh No, NOT AGAIN!

Okay. We have now survived one of the biggest snowstorms in recorded history, and I went to work as usual (and we were dismissed at five). Now they are predicting another 6"-10" of snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday.

Yesterday, Julie and I went out to Target, and I picked up some sugar-free instant pudding. Unfortunately, I did not pick up any milk. So tonight I went to Safeway for milk, some two-liter bottles of soda, some hot dog rolls (since I have two packs of dogs to go through), and some English muffins. The place was a zoo. How could these people have already eaten through their stashes of bread and milk in three days?

The only milk I could find was of the lactose-free (and more expensive) variety, and there were no hot dog rolls left. They hadn't had a chance to restock since the last round of panic shopping, so I had no choice but to buy the premium milk.

I am off tomorrow, and the snow is supposed to start in the late afternoon. I am getting up somewhat early tomorrow so I can get walking and pick up anything else I don't think I can live without for a couple of days. I guess I will do my walking at Dulles Town Center and then go to Walmart. They are open 24/7; hopefully they have had time to restock.

I am also off on Wednesday. I really wish it would be spent doing more than walking around town looking for a newspaper and shoveling snow. Forty days until spring.

My other question is: where the hell are they going to put this additional snow once it is time to shovel it? The parking lot now looks like it is comprised of snow garages. There is only room for one car to make it down the street. I really hope that this storm fizzles into hype.

The only problem is that the forecasters have been right so often with the predictions, the chances of this are fading fast. I wonder if Pat Robertson is saying that this is because God is angry at us. I wouldn't put it past him, even if he is wrong.

So with bowling canceled this week, I am sitting here once again, chilling and hoping to get through this next chapter of the winter of 2009-2010.

Eric Out.

No comments: