Thursday, February 11, 2010

But Do They Give Away DVDs?

No, I haven't lost my mind, but I'm subscribing to yet another magazine.

Some time ago, I got a come-on to subscribe to the Gay & Lesbian Review. I cast it aside (on my night table) so I could think it over. Well, it's been a few months, and I have had plenty of time to think about it, so I'm subscribing.

With the folding and consolidation of my various magazines, I figured that I should help support any gay magazine still publishing. Plus, their appeal is that they are concerned more with intellectual issues and less with shirtless himbos.

With all these gay publications I read, it sure would be nice to get laid a little more often. But apparently there isn't enough crystal meth in the universe to get someone interested in me. Oh well.

Speaking of "oh well", I asked Randy if he wanted to hang out sometime. His answer was a well-couched "no", which is weird because he always seemed friendly.

And on the subject of himbos, there is a new photo at Abercrombie & Fitch. But to show how completely unimpressed I was by it, I can't think of a single detail to describe. And the fact that I haven't bought a thing there in over a year should say something. Mostly it says that I really don't need any more casual clothes.

I went to Buffalo Wing Factory for dinner tonight. I had walked up there last night to find that the entire shopping center had closed down. So I went there and had their grilled chicken tenders. They were all you can eat, but I stopped at a fairly reasonable amount. And let's just say that even though they are grilled rather than fried, they still shot through me. It makes me regret having left my new Reader's Digest upstairs to take to work tomorrow.

We once again were only there until five. Normal hours resume tomorrow, just in time for me to work the night shift. It seems weird to have only worked two days in the past week.

But it looks like I survived another winter storm, just in time for more snow on Monday. Good God, ENOUGH ALREADY! They are predicting a "few snow showers" for Monday.

I hate to be Mister Doomsayer, but back on Saturday, when we had Blizzard #1, they were predicting a "few snow showers" for Tuesday and assured us that it wouldn't be another blizzard, and look what happened. I think I'll do my panic buying on Saturday night.

Eric Out.

No comments: