My body clock is killing me today. Even though I went to bed at about one in the morning, I still woke up at about 5:30, when I usually do. I couldn't get back to sleep, so I got up and got dressed with the idea of going walking early. The idea was for Julie, Cleo, and me to go to a gallery where Julie has photos displayed, then going to meet Elaine for a party at a fondue restaurant.
Things have a way of changing. Julie called me (since she is too lazy to come downstairs to tell me things) and told me that Elaine had a gall bladder attack, and was heading to the hospital. Julie decided to go there to keep her company and offer moral support. So all plans went out the window.
I went upstairs after getting dressed and talked briefly with Julie when Cleo came downstairs and asked me if I wanted to go mall walking this afternoon, and I suggested we have dinner tonight, since we were planning to go out anyway. With Plan B arranged, I headed out to Burger King to read the paper.
Since I thought we were going walking in the afternoon, I started laundry when I got home. Midway through my first load (at about ten), Cleo announced he was ready to go, then realized that the washing machine was churning. Once that was done, we went to Dulles Town Center and walked the usual six laps.
He then came up with the idea of going to Damon's for lunch afterward. Sounded good to me. While we were eating, he came up with the idea of going to Dupont Circle in the afternoon. I told him that I was actually pretty tired, and that we should go once spring gets here. Of course, this is another dent in the armor he keeps up in his never-ending attempt to convince people that he is anything but a homo.
So I am back home, doing laundry on Saturday afternoon instead of Saturday night. I don't know what tonight will bring. I am very sleepy right now. But I know that I am going out tomorrow night (to the drag show), and then I have to get my car serviced on Monday (I made the appointment this morning), and going bowling on Monday. Wow! I actually got a life this weekend!!
Also, my thoughts are with Elaine. Having one's gall bladder taken out is bad, but making it worse is that Elaine doesn't have health insurance. So I wonder what will happen with her.
Let's hope for the best.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment