Thursday, February 4, 2010

One...Two...Three...PANIC!

Let's see, kittens; what have I done today?
  • Got my taxes done
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Had my schedule changed by the assistant manager: first from 10:30-7 to 12:30-9, then from 9:30-6 (they decided to close early tomorrow)
  • Had a kabob
  • Went to two Target stores and got some groceries and birthday cards
  • Went to Walmart for more groceries, and Safeway for even more.
  • Bought a snow shovel at Home Depot
  • Gassed up my car
I have been all over the place, and I have spent a fortune getting ready for this stupid snowstorm. I now have comfort foods, a fueled-up car, and enough gay-ass movies to keep myself entertained for a while.

The one thing I did not do is buy a new television. I am not going to succumb to the temptation for now, even though I got a refund that would have covered the cost, I was in Best Buy this afternoon, and had the television in my hand, but decided to wait. I am going to wait until I actually get the refund. If I still want it then, I'll buy it. After the Super Bowl (oh, I'm sorry, the "big game"), it should go down in price.

So, let's get this thing done and over with. I hope that I will be home tomorrow before it gets really bad, and I am NOT going into work on Saturday if I can't get out.

Unlike other people, though, I am not panicking. As the day has progressed (and I had been at these various stores as the day went on), the lines were getting longer, and the crowds were getting tenser.

But I am now in my pajamas. My laundry is done (the stain on my bowling t-shirt did not come out; bummer), my bathroom is clean, and I have clean sheets on the bed. I am ready to call it a night. The fact that it is only 7:00 at night might be a problem. But not really; "Wheel of Fortune" is on, so all should be well.

Eric Out.

No comments: